AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad and Autocad mechanical 2009 problem with copyclip and paste

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tdigiannurio
844 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad and Autocad mechanical 2009 problem with copyclip and paste

We are having a huge problem with this on 4 different workstations (3) are on the same network and one is my CPU at home. All are running windows xp pro some have sp2 and one ( my home cpu) has sp3. We constantly copy geometry from one drawing to another. using the copyclip and paste commands. All of a sudden we copy, but nothing will paste. The only way to get this feature back is to restart autocad. Now if we have 5 different drawings up it becomes a real pain. Sometimes this will work for a whole day then boom it stops working, but always will return with a restart of autocad. We tried emptying the clipboard but that does not work. Nothing seems to work, and the autocad guru's @ Autodesk have not been able to help us,nor our local service guys. CAN ANYONE OFFER SOME ASSISTANCE.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john_scully
in reply to: tdigiannurio

Once you have copied the items to the clipboard, switch to the second drawing and select an object. Then right click to paste of paste as block. See if that works. I have discussed the same issue with my ACAD support and it's on the list to fix.
Message 3 of 8
art_turner

we had the same problem on 2009 mechanical, and it was widespread, i assume it was all users. i dont think you have to close autocad though, it is enough to close and reopen the drawing you are pasting from.
Message 4 of 8
Muijsenberg

Hi,

I have the same problem with AutoCAD Mechanical 2010.
I can copy in one drawing and it wil not paste in another drawing. Restart AutoCAD open the drawing where it should be pasted and i can paste the parts i already had copied before the restart of AutoCAD.
This problem only is when i use the paste from the right mouse button.

One solution is to use Ctrl-V to paste in stead of the right mouse button. Edited by: muijsenberg on Nov 18, 2009 1:34 PM
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem in my Autocad Mechanical 2010. I can copy from one drawing but cant paste to another drawing. Any solution for this?

Regards,
Sharon
Message 6 of 8
Muijsenberg

Hi,

If paste is not working use the keyboard combination "Ctrl+V"

Grtz Frank
Message 7 of 8
CrAzY-MiKe

Similar problem with several of our seats of AcadM 2011 on Windows7 OS.

When first started, everything works fine. But after awhile copy/paste stops working, as does double-click edit.

Closing and starting Acad brings it all back again, but I have to do this several times a day.

As Yul Brenner said in "The King and I",  "IS A PUZZLEMENT!" Smiley Very Happy

Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
Message 8 of 8
narflc

We have in our office 2 Mechanical 2009, 6 AutoCAD 2009.

The standard parts created with AMECH 09 dissapear when you open the archive in ACAD 2009. Why????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost