AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 freezing computer when opening files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wesley.potter
1589 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 freezing computer when opening files

I am having a reoccuring issue with ACAD completely freezing up my computer when attempting to open files. This happens shortly after I click the open button in the file menu. This is also a total computer freeze, ie NOTHING else works... not even the mouse. My computer ran ACAD 2011 and 2010 just fine, but I upgraded a few days ago. This is becoming very irritating. Anybody having the same issues? If you need system specs just ask.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
S0722173
in reply to: wesley.potter

Yes, I am having similar issues. Ran 2010, the 2011 just fine. Upgraded yesterday, and today I am trying to copy from one drawing into another, and it freezes on me. Had to reboot first time, happened again second time! Come on Autocad! Why release an upgrade that doesnt work!

Message 3 of 4

Found a work around that has kept me mostly productive. I simply open files from windows explorer and avoid the File->Open at all costs. Would appriciate a response from AutoDesk here... even with the work around it is a huge pain in the rear. Goodness forbit that I need to do a "Save As"... that is a risky operation these days.

Message 4 of 4

Has a solution been found to this problem yet?  We started experiencing the same problem when we upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 whilst running AutoCAD 2008 - unfortunately it still occurs randomly since upgrading to 2012.  It seems to lock up whilst accessing the network server eg opening a drawing, inserting a block, saving a drawing and is very frustrating because of it's unpredictability.  We've installed Service Pack 1 and the 'ribbon fix' to no avail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost