AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

Valued Contributor
mrm01
Message 1 of 3 (785 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autocad 2012 - DWG to PDF Exporting Failure (SketchBook Designer).

785 Views, 2 Replies
04-18-2012 07:36 AM

When I try to export a drawing from .dwg to .pdf, I get the following message in AutoCAD Mechanical 2012:

SketchBook Designer data can only be saved in DWG file format and will be
omitted from other file types.

I have never used SketchBook Designer though it is installed on my machine.  All I want to do is create a pdf to send to someone like I've done a million times in Autocad 2010.  Does anyone know what the problem is and how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Hi,

I think this warning message comes from SketchBook Designer addin. I guess you may have installed those products from Suite installer.

So maybe you can try to uninstall the addin of SketchBook Designer for AutoCAD and see if the message goes away. see snapshot.

Employee
michaelsu
Message 2 of 3 (774 Views)

Re: Autocad 2012 - DWG to PDF Exporting Failure (SketchBook Designer).

04-18-2012 07:45 PM in reply to: mrm01

Hi,

I think this warning message comes from SketchBook Designer addin. I guess you may have installed those products from Suite installer.

So maybe you can try to uninstall the addin of SketchBook Designer for AutoCAD and see if the message goes away. see snapshot.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Distinguished Contributor
bstewart
Message 3 of 3 (516 Views)

Re: Autocad 2012 - DWG to PDF Exporting Failure (SketchBook Designer).

08-30-2012 11:06 AM in reply to: michaelsu

Thanks Michael.  That fixed it!

Bob

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.