AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autcad Mechanical 2006 EATTEdit bug ESC=Enter

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
232 Views, 0 Replies

Autcad Mechanical 2006 EATTEdit bug ESC=Enter

When double clicking an attribute in a block to edit it _.eattedit if you press the Esc key it exits but keeps any changes. Esc has = cancel in all other programs. If Esc = Enter is as intended, I think that is a bad bad bad bad bad bad decision.
---- I found out more about this. Any changes in the dialog box are automatically updated near real time. There is about a 1 second delay. Even if pressed the Cancel button the changes were kept. If I press Esc in roughly less than a second after pasting the new value it was not accepted. It is like there is an auto apply which voids all the other buttons.-----
However this has been a nice bug since I need to make many repeated changes to an attribute in very many dwg files. Since doesn't exit it I had been clicking ok. Now with the Esc key I can keep the mouse in one place and perform the paste, box exit, save, and close with the one hand. This did speed up the operation.

An external way to edit the attribute like IV's iProperties would be GREAT. To bad I can't edit any fields externally. This would have been a good work around. XREFS have other issues and therefore are not used.

Pete Message was edited by: pkquat
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report