AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMSHIDE with blocks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mooresk257
774 Views, 1 Reply

AMSHIDE with blocks

I imported some blocks from other drawings using Design Center.

In my assembly drawing, the two component blocks overlap.

I tried to use Associative Hide (AMSHIDE) to clean up the view, but I cannot select one of the components. I get the message

"1 entity filtered out. Entity is not on the foreground plane."

Both objects are on the same layer. How do I put them on the same plane?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: mooresk257

LIST the blocks, one of them has a Z value, you need to get this zeroed out. If that's not the problem, explode the blocks, some of the geometry in the block may not lie on the XY plane, you can fix this with REFEDIT once you know which geometry it is. -- Rob McMillan Developer Mechanical Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc. "moores" wrote in message news:13872901.1086610252702.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I imported some blocks from other drawings using Design Center. > > In my assembly drawing, the two component blocks overlap. > > I tried to use Associative Hide (AMSHIDE) to clean up the view, but I cannot select one of the components. I get the message > > "1 entity filtered out. Entity is not on the foreground plane." > > Both objects are on the same layer. How do I put them on the same plane?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost