AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
mooresk257
Message 1 of 2 (279 Views)

AMSHIDE with blocks

279 Views, 1 Replies
06-07-2004 05:10 AM
I imported some blocks from other drawings using Design Center.

In my assembly drawing, the two component blocks overlap.

I tried to use Associative Hide (AMSHIDE) to clean up the view, but I cannot select one of the components. I get the message

"1 entity filtered out. Entity is not on the foreground plane."

Both objects are on the same layer. How do I put them on the same plane?
*Robert McMillan \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 2 (279 Views)

Re: AMSHIDE with blocks

06-08-2004 02:38 PM in reply to: mooresk257
LIST the blocks, one of them has a Z value, you need to get this zeroed out. If that's not the problem, explode the blocks, some of the geometry in the block may not lie on the XY plane, you can fix this with REFEDIT once you know which geometry it is. -- Rob McMillan Developer Mechanical Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc. "moores" wrote in message news:13872901.1086610252702.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I imported some blocks from other drawings using Design Center. > > In my assembly drawing, the two component blocks overlap. > > I tried to use Associative Hide (AMSHIDE) to clean up the view, but I cannot select one of the components. I get the message > > "1 entity filtered out. Entity is not on the foreground plane." > > Both objects are on the same layer. How do I put them on the same plane?
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.