AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMPOWEREDIT when double clicking

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rlantzjr
5369 Views, 6 Replies

AMPOWEREDIT when double clicking

Im not the best with Autocad Mechanical, but one thing i found out to be quite annoying is that when im trying to edit pretty much anything by double clicking it executes AMPOWEREDIT.  This does not happen when I first start up the program, but switches to AMPOWEREDIT somehow after time.  This happens on a daily basis and the only way I have figured out to solve this is by shutting down the program and restarting it, and the double clicking works great then.  Is there a fix to this? I know the commands i need to use to edit the tables and such, but the double clicking is just so much faster when it works.  Thanks.

----------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2011 Certified Associate
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: rlantzjr

Hi,

In AutoCAD Mechanical, when you double click on any object, ampoweredit command is invoked.  Ampoweredit automatically recognizes the object type and brings up respective dialog box.  e.g. When you double click on a partslist, Ampoweredit brings up parts list edit dialog box, when you double click on a table inside any cell, the cell is activated similar to tableedit command.

You can also switch of double click edit behavior only on AutoCAD objects using DBLCLKEDIT sys variable to OFF.

Could you please let me know the expected behavior when you double click?

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 7
rlantzjr

Ok, what you are explaining to me is what I want to have executed.  When I double click i just want the appropriate edit box to show up, whether it be a block, dimensions, etc.  If ampoweredit is supposed to do that, then my issue is that it stops working.  When I first boot up Autocad Mechanical double clicke works great, after time I double click and get ampoweredit, then says select other, then does nothing.  When I reboot the software it works again for a limited time.  This happens on not just my computer but all the other computers that have the software installed.

----------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2011 Certified Associate
Message 4 of 7
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi,

I suspect the object you double click has another object overlapped.  Use select command, select the object using crossing window and verify how may object are in the selection set.  If there are multiple objects, erase one of the the overlapping object and try to double click again.

If the issue still persists, can you attach a sample drawing and highlight the problematic objects?

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 7
RickFrance

I've seen this issue on a couple of different strings and no one has ever really answered it - so here is the issue.

AutoCAD Mechanical has an acad.lsp and an acaddoc.lsp that is being loaded from C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoC​AD Mechanical 2016\R20.1\enu\Support in a default installation.

The issue is because the user has set their system up to use their own acad.lsp and/or acaddoc.lsp. Copy the code from the files in the folder above into your own and this will fix this issue. I am not positve but I believe the Mechanical code need to be first in the user files.

Rick France
Solutions Engineer
Hagerman & Company
Message 6 of 7
epadilla2020
in reply to: RickFrance

where do i check into the lisp.

Message 7 of 7
RickFrance
in reply to: epadilla2020

The two files should be located in a folder like :\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoC​​AD Mechanical 2016\R20.1\enu\Support but the version will vary.

You can open a LSP file with Notepad to copy the info from the default into the custom one you are using.

As for where the custom one that you are using instead of these is located, that would be a question for your CAD Manager or IT. However in AutoCAD at a command prompt you could enter the following to find the location now that I think of it:

(findfile "acad.lsp")

Rick France
Solutions Engineer
Hagerman & Company

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost