AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMPARTEDGE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cgoold
198 Views, 2 Replies

AMPARTEDGE

In the past we had created custom toolbars and whatnot that utilized the AMPARTEDGE command (this was in MDT 2009).  Now fast forward a few years, this command doesn't exist in Mechanical 2013 (or in any of the recent versions of Mechanical for that matter).  I am just wondering if there are any commands similar to this in AuotCAD Mechanical 2013 or that would perform essentially the same functions that AMPARTEDGE did in MDT2009?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
inchul.lee
in reply to: cgoold

Hi cgoold,

If the purpose is to trace contours, you may consider AMCONTIN, AMCONTOUT,or  AMCONTRACE:

http://docs.autodesk.com/AMECH_PP/2014/ENU/files/GUID-972B0BC9-EF78-4101-9CD6-9EC22EAA97DE.htm 

Inchul Lee
Message 3 of 3
cgoold
in reply to: cgoold

Well we would use it to trace the edges of solid models that we would step in from Catia.  You ignore the z axis, and you could trace the contour or edge and have a 2D drawing of your solid at 0,0 in only just a couple clicks is this how the AMCONTRACE works, as I am not very familiar with it, and trying it has not quite yielded the results I was hoping for. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost