AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AM BOM Symbol is showing when inserting a Content Block

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
299 Views, 1 Reply

AM BOM Symbol is showing when inserting a Content Block

When I am inserting a content block, normally the BOM symbol do not show but it's there like it's invisible. When you copy the block, you also copy the BOM automatically and your parts list will update automatically as well.

I moved to another computer and when I insert a content block, the BOM symbol is showing, when you move it, it will move along with the block but when you copy the block, you need to also select the symbol to copy the information with it and the parts list will update but sometimes it will not update automatically.

Why is it happening? I did not change anything on the layer setting. Please see attached file and please help.

Lalat

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Lalat,

Part reference is not seen while inserting a standard content.  It will be visible after inserting a content. (Only in non structure drawings)

I suspect you might be using COPY command and copying only the content by excluding the part reference in the copy select set.  Instead you may use AMPOWERCOPY and select only the content which will copy content and the part reference.

In the ribbon>>Home tab>>Modify Panel>>there are 2 icons;  1 for copy and the other for ampowercopy

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost