AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Entities not carried into Command

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ndavis
292 Views, 2 Replies

Active Entities not carried into Command

OK, so this is only an annoyance because I am used to one method of doing something and don't want to change 🙂 ...or rather is a habbit that is proving hard to break.

I am not sure if this is a setting or if something has changed from 2012 to 2013.

Previously (Ver. 2000-2012 autocad, autocad mech), I have been able to select entities, then with those entities selected, type in a command and it will pick up those entites and carry out the rest of the command.  For example:  select a line, then press ctrl+shift+c, select base point, then the command finishes (copying items with a base point).  Now, I select the entities, initiate the command, but the command runs as if nothing has been selected and I must select the entities again even though they are still selected (grips active).

Does anyone know if this is a setting?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michaelsu
in reply to: ndavis

Make sure PICKFIRST is set to 1 and try again. Any luck?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
ndavis
in reply to: ndavis

Yep, that was it.  I guess the other versions defaulted to a value of <1>.

You're a life saver, thanks!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost