AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADM2005 SP1 crashes LOTS!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
236 Views, 6 Replies

ACADM2005 SP1 crashes LOTS!

I have a problem on 2 pc's in my office, one is running XP SP2, the other runs Win2000 SP4. Both have AcadM2005 SP1 installed. Whenever i try to open the Xref Manager window i get this error Fatal Error: Unhandled Access violation Reading 0x0047 Exception at 674d70h & acad crashes, unless it is the first command in a new session. The symptoms are the same on both pc's Any ideas? Jay
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Jay, Do you get the crash report dialog when this happens? If so are you filling in the contact information and submitting the crash report? If so I can try to find your specific report to see what might be causing the problem. -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Mike, I have just sent a new error report with all my details & as good a description of the error as i can. Thanks for your help Jay Tomkinson "Mike Dickason (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:4179211c$1_1@newsprd01... > Jay, > > Do you get the crash report dialog when this happens? If so are you > filling > in the contact information and submitting the crash report? If so I can > try > to find your specific report to see what might be causing the problem. > > -- > Mike Dickason > Developer > Manufacturing Solutions Division > Autodesk, Inc. > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

In addition, the chance of the error occuring seems to increase with the number of drawing files you have open at the time. With 1 drawing it can take a while (if at all) to occur, with 2 it can happen the first time or the tenth time you open Xref Manager (i'm not sure if there is a time factor in there or not), with 3 open it is almost always the first time you open it. Thanks again Jay Tomkinson "Jay" wrote in message news:417c8753_1@newsprd01... > Mike, > > I have just sent a new error report with all my details & as good a > description of the error as i can. > > Thanks for your help > Jay Tomkinson > > "Mike Dickason (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:4179211c$1_1@newsprd01... >> Jay, >> >> Do you get the crash report dialog when this happens? If so are you >> filling >> in the contact information and submitting the crash report? If so I can >> try >> to find your specific report to see what might be causing the problem. >> >> -- >> Mike Dickason >> Developer >> Manufacturing Solutions Division >> Autodesk, Inc. >> >> > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Can you try installing this 2005 SP1 hotfix and see if it fixes the problem? http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4791806&linkID=4198948 -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "Jay" wrote in message news:417c8b22_1@newsprd01... > In addition, the chance of the error occuring seems to increase with the > number of drawing files you have open at the time. With 1 drawing it can > take a while (if at all) to occur, with 2 it can happen the first time or > the tenth time you open Xref Manager (i'm not sure if there is a time factor > in there or not), with 3 open it is almost always the first time you open > it. > > Thanks again > Jay Tomkinson > > "Jay" wrote in message news:417c8753_1@newsprd01... > > Mike, > > > > I have just sent a new error report with all my details & as good a > > description of the error as i can. > > > > Thanks for your help > > Jay Tomkinson > > > > "Mike Dickason (Autodesk)" wrote in > > message news:4179211c$1_1@newsprd01... > >> Jay, > >> > >> Do you get the crash report dialog when this happens? If so are you > >> filling > >> in the contact information and submitting the crash report? If so I can > >> try > >> to find your specific report to see what might be causing the problem. > >> > >> -- > >> Mike Dickason > >> Developer > >> Manufacturing Solutions Division > >> Autodesk, Inc. > >> > >> > > > > > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Jay, I found the reports you send in. Thank you for including submitting the reports and including the contact information. Applying the 2005 SP1 hotfix will address these crashes. The hotfix is available for download at http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=DL4791806 Please install the hotfix and let us know whether or not it addresses the problems you are experiencing with the product. Regards, Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Mike, I have had a bit of mess around with it & all seems well at the moment. Cheers Jay "Mike Dickason (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:417d1478$1_3@newsprd01... > Jay, > > I found the reports you send in. Thank you for including submitting the > reports and including the contact information. Applying the 2005 SP1 > hotfix > will address these crashes. The hotfix is available for download at > > http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=DL4791806 > > > > Please install the hotfix and let us know whether or not it addresses the > problems you are experiencing with the product. > > > > Regards, > > > Mike Dickason > Developer > Manufacturing Solutions Division > Autodesk, Inc. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost