AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD MECH - Drawing borders & title blocks documentation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wolfgrrl
551 Views, 1 Reply

ACAD MECH - Drawing borders & title blocks documentation

Our TB's haven't been updated in over 10 years, so I'm trying to accomplish this.

We are runing ACAD MECH 2012 and I see NO complete documentation on how drawing borders and titleblock works in Mech. For instance, how does it know where to find the title blocks? How do you change the scales that are available? How do you map parameters to the titleblock such as scale, etc, that are automatically set when using drawing borders and titleblocks options?

What I can find is woefully inadequate. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Autocad Mechincal 2012 on Windows 7 64-bit
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
acwtzwegers
in reply to: wolfgrrl

I've skipped the whole ACM2012 styles matter because Mechanical seems to be terribly stuck in the modelspace of the 20th century and my sales departments wouldn't accept drawings with .shx fonts anymore.

Instead we now use borders and blocks (using ttf fonts etc) that I made using parametrics (dynamic blocks if you will) and to insert layouts, borders etc we use the AutoCAD (not Mechanical) methods using the Design Center.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost