AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD Mech 2013 Properties Palette does not recognise selected objects

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
kchong78
1412 Views, 8 Replies

ACAD Mech 2013 Properties Palette does not recognise selected objects

Hi all,

I have Autocad Mechanical 2013 installed in my machine. Whenever I have the properties palette open and select an object, the properties palette does not recognise the object selected.

In the item type pull-down field on the top, it remains blank and when I expand it, there is nothing to select.

All the other data fields (eg General, 3D Visualization, plot style etc) do not change.

I've tried changing the pickadd variables and the properties palette still isn't working. Even the quick properties doesn't recognise the selected objects.

Any ideas what's the problem? Autocad Mechanical 2008 still works fine for me.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
michaelsu
in reply to: kchong78

Hi,

Beside AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 and 2013, what other Autodesk products have you installed? From which installer have you installed AutoCAD Mechanical 2013?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 9
kchong78
in reply to: michaelsu

Hi Michael,

I have Autocad Mechanical and Inventor 2008 installed, as well as the Autodesk Product Design Suite 2013 Standard installed.

I installed Mechanical 2013 from the USB installer which came with the PDS box.

Thanks for your quick response.

cheers,

Kenny

Message 4 of 9
michaelsu

Hi Kenny,

I tried to install AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 from Autodesk Product Design Suite 2013. But I could not see the issue you mentioned.

I assume the property palette never works since you installed the product, right? And it doesn't work for any type of entity, like a line? If so, maybe you can try to repair or reinstall the product in control panel to see if the issue goes away. 

Also, I am wondering, have you ever used to install AutoCAD products and then uninstall them? does this issue happen to other machines?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 9
kchong78

Hi Michael,

Yes, the properties palette has never worked in AMech 2013 since I installed it.

I've tried doing a repair to the Mechanical 2013 installation, but the same problem still exists.

Yes, I've done installations and re-installations of Autocad and this issue has never happened before.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Kenny

Message 6 of 9
michaelsu

Hi Kenny,

Just to be clear, does this issue disappears after you re-install the product?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk

Message 7 of 9
kchong78

Hi Michael,

I have tried repairing Autocad Mechanical 2013 and the problem is still there.

I have not uninstalled and reinstalled Mechanical 2013 yet. I'm trying to look for an alternative solution first, and I don't have the time to re-install it right not.

cheers,

Kenny

Message 8 of 9
kchong78

Fixed the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling Autocad Mechanical.

Message 9 of 9
punisher

Thanks. I am having the same trouble in Civil 3D 2013, and I see that the repair didn't get it. Good Post.

I am run running Civil 3D, Inventor, Simulation Mech, Simulation CFD, and Vault Pro. A wipe will be painful.

My problems seem to have started when my Vault retrograde went to hell, and everything is haywire.

I was trying to avoid the new OS wipe for Vault server, but now I see that there is more damage and I may have to reinstall everything.

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost