AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DDWF Export AutoCAD Mechanical Crash

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
qalbiol
452 Views, 6 Replies

3DDWF Export AutoCAD Mechanical Crash

Hello!

I am facing big problems when trying to export a DWG file in 3D to 3DDWF (.dwfx). The application crashes every 99% of the times I try, thus making it impossible to view the diagram in 3D with Navisworks Freedom for example. I have already tried...

... Purge and audit file, and remove all hidden / invisible objects.

... Copybase all wanted objects to new DWG.

Problems continue the same. Some more data: Windows 7 32bit, 4GB Ram, CPU i5-3470 @ 3.20 GHz 4 cores, ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series. I know its not the best, but its company computer and nothing to do. I am starting to think its a hardware issue.

Strange things: DWG comes from supplier, big file (40MB), lots of elements in blocks. Sometimes, when I explode a few blocks, 3DDWF is exported succesfully. So I dont understand a thing!

How can I solve this? Is there any way to export in background, like plotting (so not too much memory is used and program does not crash)?

Thanks, regards.

Enrique

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: qalbiol

Hi Enrique,

Welcome to the community,

Do you have the lastest service packs installed for your AutoCAD?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 7
qalbiol
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hi, thank you for the quick answer.

Its difficult to say, IT environment is complex. I guess I could ask IT and
see.

Regards,

--
Enrique Albiol Almirall
Message 4 of 7
JoAnn_Hogan

Which version are you working on?

You can follow this link to the service pack downloads: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-mechanical/downloads#?rows=10&sort=score

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 7
qalbiol
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I'm on AutoCAD mechanical 2013.

I will check with IT tomorrow on service packs, and reply again...

Thanks!

--
Enrique Albiol Almirall
Message 6 of 7
JoAnn_Hogan

Ok good, Please let me know if you need help

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 7
qalbiol

Hello!

Long time since the last answer... Very slow IT.

Installed latest service packs and having the same problems.

Can it be a performance issue? When using smaller dwg files I have none of this problems.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost