AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2004 mechanical dx service pack wont install

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
223 Views, 5 Replies

2004 mechanical dx service pack wont install

We have a dozen computers with 2004 mechanical dx installed. There are 2 service packs available. They will not install in any of our computers, the cd is inserted and is looking for acad.msi. it's not finding it and I'm pointing to it on the cd and it still will not install. These computers did not receive Mechanical DX through Inventor, It's just Mechanical if that's of any help.

Can someone please help me.
Thank you

Jeff
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Jeff, What is the name of the patch file you are trying to execute? Make sure you have the locked vs. unlocked install based upon your specific install. -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

the name of the files are, acm2004dx_swl_sp1.exe and also the sp2.exe.

both are locked, and it seems like the liveupdate within autocad doesn't work very well.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Start AutoCAD Mechanical. Run the About command. Select the "Product Information..." button. In the lower left portion of the dialog there is a field for license type. What does it report on your system? -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

It says "unlocked", i've tried both unlocked and locked versions. nothing seems to work.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

What does the AMVER command report on one of these computers? -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report