AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 different B.O.M's?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
anderson51
309 Views, 6 Replies

2 different B.O.M's?

Is there a way to create two different B.O.M.'s within the same drawing? Basically what I'm trying achieve is a "cut list" & "ship list" each showing different bom names, columns, etc. Also, I was interested to know if it is possible to
show just the parts in the B.O.M. and not the grayed out assemblies?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nilanjan
in reply to: anderson51

The BOM will show the grayed out assemblies. However, the partslist will not show the grayed out assemblies. You can change the display of assemblies in the structured mode. I am not sure if this answers your question?

For a given border, you can have only one BOM. However, you can have multiple partlists. To create multiple partslists:
AMPARTLIST
Right click in the box Filters/Group.
Choose "Add Filter"
You can then choose the settings that you need.
Message 3 of 7
anderson51

ok that makes sense, another question I had is that each time that I open a dwg or do a save as on a model, I have to reset my B.O.M properties. Is there a way to save the properties of the B.O.M. layout as far as column spacing, formulas, and which columns are viewed etc? Thanks a ton.
Message 4 of 7
nilanjan

I am not very sure I understand your question:
- When you open an **existing** dwg or saveas all your bom properties should be preserved. You may want to check the default saveas value (in options ->Open and Save). Let me know if this doesn't resolve your problem

- If you want to use the same BOM properties on new drawings, you may be able to use a template. Let me know if this is what you want to do.

-Nilanjan (Autodesk)
Message 5 of 7
anderson51

Your right, doing a saveas preserves the properties, making a template is exactly what im looking to do, is there a way to acheive this?
Message was edited by: Anderson51
Message 6 of 7
nilanjan

You can use a drawing which has a BOM with properties that you want - delete everything and saveas template (.dwt). For drawings created after that, use the template that you created.

-Nilanjan (Autodesk)
Message 7 of 7
anderson51

I guess I never thought of that, that will work, thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report