AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

180 Degree limitation in AutoCAD Mechanical 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
falldown7standup8
696 Views, 2 Replies

180 Degree limitation in AutoCAD Mechanical 2010

Greetings. I am having a simple issue that hopefully will be an easy fix. I need to split up a circle into slices by degree. The problem I am having is that my units of degrees are starting at 0 then going to 180 and then from 180 back to 0 if that makes sense.  For example, 3 o'clock is 0 degrees, 6 is 90, 9 is 180, and 12 goes back to 90, then 3 is back to 0. What I am wanting is a full 360 degree option for input. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. :-). I have attatched a drawing that has all of my settings I use for drawing since I could not upload an actual template. I am a bit of a noob with AutoCAD having recently got the opportunity to do some programming instead of just running a CNC machine for a Metal Fabrication company.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi there,

I'm wondering if you could provide a little more information.  When drawing, 0 degrees coincides with the X axis (Y=0) which in a standard drawing (non-rotated UCS) would be 3 o'clock, then 90 is at 12 o'clock, 180 is 9 o'clock and 270 is at 6 o'clock (likewise -90 degrees is 6 o'clock, etc.).

Is your issue with drawing the arcs, or (I'm guessing) dimensioning them?  In the attached drawing I used the AMPOWERDIM_ANG command (the vanilla AutoCAD DIMANG command would behave the same way) then selected the arc itself to create the dimension.  Does that do it for you?

Thanks,

Chris Miller

AutoCAD Test Development

Message 3 of 3

I understand now what the problem is. It must be the coordinate system. There is another user in my office who also has AutoCAD 2010 Mechanical, But their coordinate system does go from 0 to 360 degrees. So I'm guessing they must be using a non-standard coordinate system. I'm going to take a look at their configuration and see what the difference in their template is. I will post my results. Thanks for your help.

The issue was that my boss brought me a circle he needed divided into unequal parts and wrote it down on paper with 0 degrees starting at 12 o'clock and it went clockwise to 360 arriving back at 12 o'clock. In retrospect, what I could have done was just took the intervals of each slice and calculated any differences in my UCS system. It would be easier though in the future If I could switch over to a 360 degree system without having to do any addition or subtraction calculations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost