AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Color of an array in 2012

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
csumners
22583 Views, 10 Replies

Changing Color of an array in 2012

I have a layer for an array and am trying to change the color of the array. I tried changing it, by going to the properties just like you would a regular line or any other object but can't get it to work. I also changed the color of the layer and was still unsuccsesful. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thank you 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: csumners

Hi,

1. If the object's color property is Bylayer, change the layer color and the array will update.

2. If the object's color property is not Bylayer; please follow below steps:

a. Double click Array

b. Select "Edit Source" from the Ribbon

c. Select the source object. (Any object in the array)

d. Click OK and hit the Escape key

e. Command Select and pick the source object

f. From the property palette>>change the source object color.

g. Save changes

Hope this helps

Thanks

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 11
gamerSRC
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Directions given work, but now I have to re-set all of my UI preferences because I had to switch to the ribbon interface in order to follow them. In general, directions that include a command-line version would be appreciated.
Message 4 of 11
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: gamerSRC

You may use -arrayedit to see all prompts at the command line.  Once the object property is changed, use arrayclose>>Save to save the changes

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 11
not2013

Lots of extra steps now. Thanks, I think it's great because I charge by the hr. All of these extra steps are great for padding my invoices.

THX

Message 6 of 11
denton

This solution is not working for me.  I followed all the steps and it still won't change the color.  Any other ideas?  It shouldn't be that hard to do such a simple thing.

Message 7 of 11
acwtzwegers
in reply to: denton

This is why you really need to start accepting the ribbon: support and future features will assume you do. (then again, you should also consider that color changing unrelated to layers etc is bad form/style)

But else: use arrayedit, select, source, select any, change in properties, arrayclose. done

Best change it to "byblock" I guess: the dynamic array is a block and just selecting the array and changing color is the easiest.
Message 8 of 11
denton
in reply to: acwtzwegers

I've tried all that and I get this:
[cid:image002.png@01CEFC9C.5F14F5F0]

[westernlogo]
Debra D. Denton
Civil Engineering Technician - AutoCAD Technical Support
12155 W. Alameda Parkway, Lakewood, CO. 80228-8213
(720) 962-7360
Message 9 of 11
denton
in reply to: acwtzwegers

I do use the ribbon, and I've tried all this, and I get the attached error every time, there are no locked layers in the drawing.  I've started a blank drawing and created a simple array and I still get this eror.

Message 10 of 11
dslover

In the arrayedit command, select the array then type S for source.

Accept the array editing state.

This will open an editor that only has the source item.  Change the color of the item by selecting it and using the properties box.

Arrayclose and accept changes. 

Message 11 of 11
bcsurvey
in reply to: dslover

Just to add to the mix, I used the -arrayedit command and it was helpful.  But in my case, when I was in the editing mode, the entire array (single row of 50-60 items) was shaded out and the only selectable AND editable item was not the one used to create the array, but the one which contained the dragable arrow to the right of the base item.  Changing the layer of this item changed the entire array.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost