AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD mechnical 2006 users, Can someone check this?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tjamscad
414 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD mechnical 2006 users, Can someone check this?

Windows XP machine and Autocad Mechnical 2006 I have the "options" setting "Open and Save" "File Save: Save as: AutoCAD Mechnical 2004  drawing. When I open a drawing file with 3D enities and create my views using the amdwgview command and close the drawing and hit save. My views are still there when I open the drawing back up. If I follow the same steps and use SAVE AS from the Files menu I loose my views. Can this be checked?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: tjamscad

Hi,

In AutoCAD Mechanical 2006 option dialog>>Open and Save tab>>We don't have  AutoCAD Mechanical 2004  drawing format.  Below are the formats that are listed.

1.png

When we select the first one "AutoCAD 2004 Drawing" format, it is actually saving in AutoCAD Mechanical 2006 drawing format.  Hence the drawing views are seen when the drawing is reopen after a save.

In order to avoid such confusions, from AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 onwards, All AutoCAD Mechanical file formats were listed and allowed to set one of AutoCAD Mechanical file formats as default.  Therefore formats that are seen in the options dialog matches with the formats seen when SaveAs command is used.

Hope this answers the question.

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 3
tjamscad
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Thanks, for this information I was under the impression that it was 2004 Mechnical.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost