AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref Scale

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Peter_NDNG
393 Views, 1 Reply

Xref Scale

I'm adding all our old asbuilt drawings to a map project I'm working on, but I'm having a problem with scaling when I xref the building drawings in.  Sometimes when I add them in they come in with a reasonable scale, but other times, no matter what scale I put or the insertion point I use the drawing ends up being tiny and (it has a geographic projection) thousands, if not millions of miles off, and I have to zoom to the extent and look for this tiny speck that is the xref.  Sometimes I can transform it by zooming in and out and placing the tie points.  But lately the scale has been so weird that once I find the xref Map3D won't let me zoom into the full extent of the map I've made, making the task impossible.

Has anyone had this problem, or know how to remedy it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
coalprpmapper
in reply to: Peter_NDNG

Do your xrefs have the same units as the drawing you're trying to xref into?  If the two files use a different "insertion scale", then the xref is automatically scaled, unless one of them is set to "unitless" in your Options dialog box, User Preferences Tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost