AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xdata Limitations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andreijj
1393 Views, 3 Replies

Xdata Limitations

Hi All!

I'm create a table join on a map layer withs some non-spatial table, and it works fine. After creating a join, i would like to export my data to CAD file via maptoacad command. Chose the Editable mode, and check in Include Xdata box to create the Xdata values from the feature attributes. We are create a routine, so that convert Xdata values to Object Data values, and without table joins this method worked perfectly fine. Before the Xdata -> Object Data conversion, i check some Xdata field of CAD element via XDLIST command. Today i was suprised, because the most joined values are missing, despite of the CAD element has a lot of free avaliable space to store Xdata values. The Feature class has 52 field, and another 50 is comes from the table join(s). 

- During the Feature Attribute -> Xdata values conversion (via maptoacad), from all of the feature attributes (even joined attributes) created the Xdata?

- Has the Xdata field or value number limit? Or it can be stored unlimited value, as long as there is avalilable space?

- How reilabel/stable the Feature Attribute -> Xdata conversion? For me looks a little unstable.

Thank You for the reply, and sorry for my bad english. 

Regards,

Andras

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: andreijj

Hello from France

Not sure to well understand your problem ?

1) Each ACAD Entity can have up to 16 Kb of XDATAs

2) You can convert XDATAs to MAP Object Data with a Lisp Routine (XD2OD.lsp written by Autodesk, if I remember well)

... Sometimes I use it ...

3) With a MAPIMPORT (from SHP, SDF, etc) you can get all attributes coming to MAP Object Data (I don't know the limit for ODs !?)

... In fact I never reach it !

4) Are you creating some FDO joins ?

5) As far as I know, I estimate that the FDO MAP to AutoCAD DWG feature is not very reliable with the XDATA option (when you have many many thousands FDO object) ... In fact I had some surprises in the past so now I am not using the XDATA option !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
andreijj
in reply to: braudpat

Thank You for your reply Pat!

I think do you understand my problem, i need to test the capabilities of the Xdata...

For example to testing:

- There is some FDO feature, wich own many data field (e.g 200). After running the maptoacad, i get both 200 Xdata values? Assuming that, it's less than 16 kB.

- The table joined fields also exported as Xdata value, or only the original fields?

I'm often use the mapexport/mapimport, and it's very reilable if my map objects comes from SDF, SHP or SQLITE. This is the best method to move CAD entity to GIS data structure in Map3D, mainly the layer mapping, the block inserting and the select atributes.

So i'm use with pleasure the mapimport, but there is two important conditions, wich are not satisfied via mapimport:

1. The style of the FDO object must be remain. e.g: If the road objects on the "Roads" map layer are green, after the mapimport the road entities (Line/Linestring) must be green. 

2. From each Map layer must be converted a drawing layer (1-1 connection). e.g: I create 5 Map layer from the Roads.shp, so after the mapexport i want 5 drawing layer, but is get only one, beacuse the 5 Map layer used only one Feature source (the roads.shp). I know, on the Layer Mapping form i can choose the "Use data field for the layer name".

Why am i use the maptoacad? Because i used Workflows to load many styled Map layers, and i need to export the attribute data and style from the Feratures of these Map layers, to CAD entinty on drawing layers.

Regards,

Andras

Message 4 of 4
andreijj
in reply to: andreijj

I'm totally confused now.

Give some try to export table joined fields via maptoacad, but isn't working not reliably.

My method was: Create two closed polyline, then mapexport to SDF:

- First polygon: i check only the Properties box on the Feature Class/Select Attributes form -> polygon1.SDF with 54 Feature properties (see the attachment).

- Second polygon: i check the Properties and the Object properties box on the Feature Class/Select Attributes form -> polygon2.SDF with hundred of Feature properties (see the attachment).

Then drag and drop the SDF files, and save with maptoacad separately, open the created dwg, and query the Xdata values via XDLIST command (see the attachment). The second polyline lost a lot of feature attribute despite the fact that, the "Object has 15402 bytes of Xdata space available".

If i'm creating a table join, the result is similary wrong.

My only question is:

Did someone try to save the original, and joined feature properties (fields) to xdata values via maptoacad?

My experience is, only the first 3 joined attributes goes to Xdata, all of the other joined field is lost.

Regards,

Andras

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost