AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORLD UCS ROTATED

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
amm30165
20689 Views, 13 Replies

WORLD UCS ROTATED

The World UCS seems to be rotated for some unknown reason.

If I change it to Plan view everything seems fine but it still bothers me.

I have not used dview twist; it is set to 0.

This seems to be an issue since I updated to Map3D 2013 64bit.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

Alicia
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: amm30165

Hi,

>> The World UCS seems to be rotated for some unknown reason.

The WORLD coordinate-system within a drawing can't be rotated or modified in any way. Why do you think that it is rotated?

If you open a drawing in 2013 what is different to the previous AutoCAD Map3D you had?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 14
amm30165
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The view cube in the upper right hand corner (with North, South, East and West) is not straight.; looks rotated about 10 degrees to the NE.

Alicia
Message 4 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if UCS is really set to WORLD, then your view is twisted, not the world-coord is rotated. It's just like you rotate your head, that does not rotate the world 😉 😉

Well, you said it, command _PLAN and option _WORLD and you look parallel to world ucs (north is up).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 14

Yep, or more simply: type in _UCS and double enter...

Message 6 of 14
amm30165
in reply to: antoniovinci

I appreciate all of the replies.

I have been working with AutoCAD for 20+ years and have not experienced this before.

Maybe the attached png will help to explain my problem....

Why does the view cube look exactly the same in every drawing I open?

The ucs icon is squared up and not a named or object aligned ucs; the view has not been twisted.

My drawings did not look like this when they were saved to a version provious to 2013.

Did I unknowingly change a setting to something?

thanks,

Alicia
Message 7 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you verify the sysvars

UCSFOLLOW (should be tried with 0)

if you start _GEOGRAPHICLOCATION ... are you asked for removing a geogr.position? If so answer with "remove" and look again to your drawing with _PLAN _WORLD or press onto "TOP" on your viewcube.

If none of these options work, please click on "TOP" and let us see the screenshot then.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 14
amm30165
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Removing the current geographioclocation fixed the world UCS.  Everything is squared up again.

Thanks so much!!!

I appreciate your patience.

Alicia
Message 9 of 14

Try command SNAPANG and set it to 0, that only affects the crosshair and not the UCS

Message 10 of 14

This fix my problem 😉

Message 11 of 14

Thank you for the response, huge help.  Question, does anyone know why assigning a Geo-location/coordinate system it applies a rotation?  I checked a few and in IL 4.73, in SC 3.56 and NC 3.79. 

Message 12 of 14

Hi,

>> does anyone know why assigning a Geo-location/coordinate

>> system it applies a rotation?

Well, if you start planing a house, most are used to start with a rectangle, the longer side into X-direction, the other side into the Y direction. When you are finished with that plan the house might have have the longer side not looking exactly to the east ... so the chance is either to move and rotate the house to the exact geographic location (according to a local geographic coordinate system) ... or you let your house plan stay orthogonal in your dwg, but tell the geographic location which direction (in relation to your house) north is.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 13 of 14
lag_art

I solved it by copying as a block with a point of origin, setting the view in the original the same way as the one I wanted. Then copying in a new drawing the block, explode it, and then copy it from there to wherever I wanted it (or save it/use it).

Message 14 of 14

Mine was 0.37d. I though the software was damaged.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost