AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Civil 3D Objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Gary_Braun
295 Views, 3 Replies

Working with Civil 3D Objects

I've received a drawing from a consultant with a Civil 3D profile object in it. The profile line shows as dashed and I want it to be solid, but there doesn't seem to be any easy way to change it.The linetype and color list as Bylayer, but they clearly aren't. I tried exploding the profile and ended up with what appeared to be duplicate lines, one of which was a block and the other was another Civil 3D entity of some type. I suppose I could just keep on exploding things and see where it leads me, but is there some more elegant way of changing colors, linetypes etc of Civil entities in Map 3D 2012?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
thepworth
in reply to: Gary_Braun

Check out the C3D object enabler....

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16976599&linkID=9240618

Unfortuately, Map doesn't work as nicely with AEC (Civil) objects as we'd like - you might not be able to do what you want unless the Civil drawing is set up with "styles" bylayer.  

Message 3 of 4
Gary_Braun
in reply to: thepworth

I do have the Civil OE installed, which is how I was able to identify the line as an aecc_profile and not just a proxy entity, but the OE doesn't really give me any ability to modify the profile. Or at least not one that I've found yet.

Message 4 of 4
thepworth
in reply to: Gary_Braun

it won't - it will only give you the ability to see it, as you've discovered.  without the OE, you'd only see a box for "proxy graphics"

If you want to work with alignments/parcels/points, you might have the Civil folks export out the civil data to a .sdf.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost