AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woes with Publish to DWF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
arnoldschwabe
782 Views, 6 Replies

Woes with Publish to DWF

I'm writing this in the Map group but using Civil 3D because either one could (hopefully) accomplish the task. I have a drawing with no AutoCAD entities, just 5 FDO datasources in SDF format. I attach the SDF files, style them to what I want, then try to Publish to DWF. This is where my problems begin. It seems that the first time I try to Publish, I can get a DWF file but it isn't exactly what I want so I go back and make a few changes, maybe adjust the accuracy/resolution and I can never get it to work again. I am adding some of the data to the DWF with the Publish options and save an xml file showing which fields to publish, that seems to work in the first attempt.

Then I try a second time and it throws an error with the standard Autodesk error dialogue. Also, the plot command shows me that something was plotted, but it generates a Warning. The Warning is blank, and no file is plotted. Here's the copy:

-------------------------------------------------------

Job: -

Job ID: 2 Sheet set name: Date and time started: 25/07/2012 11:36:58 AM Date and time completed: UserID: xxxxx Profile ID: <<C3D_Metric>> Total sheets: 3 Sheets plotted: 0 Number of errors: 0 Number of warnings: 0

Sheet: WaterLL-Model - Plotted with Warning(s)

File: C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\DWFTests\WaterLL.dwg Category name: Page setup: Device name: DWF6 ePlot.pc3 - plotted to file Plot file path: C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\WaterLL-Model.dwf Paper size: Previous paper size (899.92 x 1799.84 mm)

WARNING:

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm at a loss as to why it suddenly doesn't work and why it says it is generating a file but nothing happens. Any insight would be much appreciated!

I forgot to add... I get the same results using 2012 or 2013.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
machadt
in reply to: arnoldschwabe

Hi Arnold,

Could you please load the you drawing and dwf files and I will gladly take a look at it.

Thanks,

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer
Message 3 of 7
arnoldschwabe
in reply to: machadt

Hi Tatiana,

Thanks for the offer to look at the drawing! I will assemble all the SDF files and try to load them today.

Arnold

Message 4 of 7

I'm attaching the files I used to create the drawing. Here's a brief explanation:

- The drawing is just empty without entities, everything is just attached SDF files

- The coordinate system for the drawing is LL84 (to be explained later)

- The coordinate systems for all the SDF files is UTM84-10N. This is normally the coordinate system we use for all our files.

We're experimenting with the Google Nexus 7 tablets and trying to get our information into DWF files so they can use it in the field and bring up the utility information, with record drawings, service information, etc. We can create PDFs of the drawings but unfortunately, they are rather limited as we can't put the extended data in like we can with the DWF files. Also, we have chosed LL for a coordinate system as the GPS in the Nexus seems to favour Lat/Long.

If we could get the DWF file to work (and if Autodesk could change the Android DWF viewer to work with files stored locally, similar to the Autocad WS viewer), it would go a long way to solving a LOT of our problems. I didn't attach the 1 DWF file that I managed to publish. It's over 50MB so probably won't load here.

Thanks very much for taking the time to review the file. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Arnold

Message 5 of 7
machadt

Hi Arnold,

I tried to print your drawing and got and error.

So I recreated your file using your data set and I was able to publish and export to dwf without any problems.

I even exported your layers and imported in my drawing, to publish again no problem at all.

I think that is it some corruption on your drawing.

Tatiana Machado
Message 6 of 7
arnoldschwabe
in reply to: machadt

Thanks very much. I will try rebuilding the drawing again and see if I can get it to work.

Message 7 of 7
machadt

It's my pleasure to help, please let me know how it went.

My DWF file is too big to load it here, but I will gladly help you if you need further assistance.

Tatiana Machado

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost