AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMS coordinate systems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
845 Views, 7 Replies

WMS coordinate systems

I am trying to connect to Geogratis Toporama WMS.  I am new to working with WMS data.  When I connect to the site through AutoCAD it only allows me 2 options for the c/s.  These work fine when my map is in the same c/s but doesn't seem to want to reproject to a new c/s (NAD83-12).  On the Geogratis website it says that EPSG: 26912 is a supported projection for service requests.  Does anyone know how I would go about accessing the data in the NAD83-12 c/s?

Thanks,

co

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you set the required c/s in your drawing?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

When you connect to the WMS service it shows you the server side codes available.

If you mouse over the Server CS Code a flyout comes out that says Layer CS Code. This is where you can override the CS.

Hopefully that helps.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, the drawing is already set to the NAD83-12.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I had noticed the Layer CS Code portion and tried that as well, however the data still came into the drawing in the lat/long projection specified in the Server CS Code section.

The url for the website is http://wms.ess-ws.nrcan.gc.ca/wms/toporama_en.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

You mentioned that you have already set CS for the drawing but It seems you have a map (digital/raster) prepared in NAD83 but you did not set still NAD83 system in AutoCAD (maybe) and that can be the reason that program cannot adjust the WGS84 CS from WMS server with you drawing. Could you send the print screen of the window when you try to connect to the WMS server? 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply.  I've attached some screenshots of my process.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Yours settings are OK. I did it on my AutoCAD like you and I have found the same failure to convert cs correctly. I think the problem is coming from WMS server not from AutoCAD. Try to recognize it on the forum of WMS server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost