AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the best Aerial Photography servers?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
K1200RS
907 Views, 5 Replies

Where are the best Aerial Photography servers?

I've got the Bing layer in ARC and am trying to find an equivalent or better source to connect to when in Map3D. Does anyone know how to connect to the Bing photography or some other free server with high quality aerials?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: K1200RS

Hi,

have you checked project >>>Basejump<<< from the labs-site? It's at least equivalent 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
thepworth

However, project Basejump will timeout/expire on June 30 2012.

An alternate (for 2012 and earlier versions) is to use the ArcGIS for Autocad Build 250 product from E$RI (which is free) that you can pull in their Bing WMS and then detach as a georeferenced image.  I haven't been very thrilled with the quality of my results - I don't think I can zoom in as close on some recent high-res imagery that I've accesed through Google Earth previously.  

Note if you use E$RI's product, you have to set the coord sys separately from Map - it won't recognize the assigned CS from Map or Civil.

HTH!

Message 4 of 6
K1200RS

Yep, the Arcview for AutoCAD 250 really sucks if you need good photography. I am looking into the Basejump, but I think I saw someone post in another thread that it only was compatible with 2013 and we haven't upgraded yet.

Message 5 of 6
thepworth

so, my default is seamless.usgs.gov - sometimes if there is publicly available high-res imagery available, it shows up there when you zoom in far enough. for example, metro Denver from DRCOGs (Denver Regional Council of Governments) has 1-ft pixel resolution up there (or did a few years ago)

Message 6 of 6
jimmynoor4

Our Denver Real Estate Photography & Colorado Drone Video team are experts in creating stunning visual media of real estate from the ground and sky. aerial photography denver is the best way to showcase your property and the beautiful landscape around it. We can take photos of your property via drone. For more information about Visit- https://coreartisans.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost