AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using shapefiles in arcgis and autocad map

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MKH-VB
581 Views, 3 Replies

using shapefiles in arcgis and autocad map

Greetings....quick question about using shapefiles.

i have a shape file that I use in arcgis. This file is updated every couple of days with new survey data points.

question:

If I import this shape file into map, work in the cad map (without editing the shapefile), if the shape file is updated with new survey data, the next time I call up the cad map, will it recognize the new data, or will it have to be re-imported?  

mkh
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: MKH-VB

When you import with the Mapimport command the features in the shape file become autoCAD objects and there is no link to the orginal shape file. 

If you use MapConnect (FDO/Data Connections) the shape file stays linked/connected and any updates, edits or other changes to that same file will update in the map after it is reopened. Also any edits you make to the shape files features with FDO will update that shape file as well. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
MKH-VB
in reply to: Murph_Map

That's just what I needed to know. Can you tell me how I can turn on labels for that sharefile in acad map?

Sent from my iPhone
mkh
Message 4 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: MKH-VB

help

search for fdo labels

it's explained there

dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost