AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FDO to attach a MR SID image-failure

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
shunter62
512 Views, 6 Replies

Using FDO to attach a MR SID image-failure

I downloaded a MR SID (latest version) from RGIS.edu, our local GIS clearinghouse in New Mexico, to add to a drawing file. After downloading it, I extracted the data to a folder (still under my Downloads folder) and tried to connect it to my drawing via FDO. I got a message saying that there was a problem and it could not connect to the file. I am using Civil 3D with all service packs.

I never had much of a problem in the past connecting to downloaded aerials. I resist inserting this type of image because of the possibe poor coordinate transformation and/or file size bloat.

I found a topic about repaiing broken feature connections in the Help, but I am not certain that it applies in my case.

Do I need to move the folder to my temporary reference file location?

Also, I could not find much information online about this topic. Thank you.

Susan H

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
parkr4st
in reply to: shunter62

what version of C3D?  Are the files present with the SID: .prj, .sdw? how much memory are you working with on your system?

Dave

Message 3 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

what happens if you try command _MAPIINSERT instead (just to verify if the file is defect or the FDO-connection has an issue ...)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7
shunter62
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I will ive it a try-pretty busy today, but will try to find the time.I don't usually have problems with files from this source.

Susan

Message 5 of 7
shunter62
in reply to: parkr4st

Sorry, I meant to write C3D 2012, machine has 8 g of RAM.

Message 6 of 7
shunter62

I did a bit more digging and it may be a permissions issue. I can Image-insert the SID to a drawing, just not connect to it via FDO. It seems that the compressed file download is read-only, because my Downloads folder is locked (local office policy). I am going to try downloading it again to the C:\ drive & see if it is still read only. I can take read only off the extracted files, but FDO still fails to load the SID.

I will mess with it some more next week, and maybe do some negotiations with the IT administrator. Thanks for the follow-up.

Susan

Message 7 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I am going to try downloading it again to the C:\ drive & see if it is still read only.

Just copy it to a temp-folder on C:, then right-click it to see the files properties and disable the read-only flag (if there is one).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost