AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USGS DIGITIZED TOPO TOPOGRAPHIC Quad Maps available to purchase?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jgray
814 Views, 6 Replies

USGS DIGITIZED TOPO TOPOGRAPHIC Quad Maps available to purchase?

Hey Guys, 

The company I work for is looking to purchase some digitized quads, we need them to be exactly like the older USGS quads that was produced, at least in our area, around 1970. In the past this company has been used http://www.eastham-assoc.com/quads10.html and they cost about $1000.00 per quad. Does anybody know of a competeing company to them? Also I need to make clear we can't use .tif files and we can't use the newer data, we have to use the older ones per state regs for the projects we are are working on. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ezfisher
in reply to: jgray

I can get them for next to nothing.  It takes a little work to get them in proper projection.

Message 3 of 7
jgray
in reply to: ezfisher

Are they digitized versions of the USGS quads with all contours elevated? 

Message 4 of 7
ezfisher

not sure if they meet your criteria - this is what they look like (all of US available)

Message 5 of 7
jgray
in reply to: ezfisher

Thanks for trying to help this attached is an example of what I need. Everything here is polylines and each contour has a been elevated to it's correct elevation. 

Message 6 of 7
ezfisher

These are raster.  I could try raster to vector conversion using Raster Design and make polylines out of the contours.

Message 7 of 7
ezfisher

These are just scanned images of 1-24,000 quads in a projection used for GIS
apps (background data). We use them when we do not want to print imagery.No
vector info.

Not what you need.

Regards,

John Fisher

FISHER UTILITY SOLUTIONS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost