AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unstable infrastructure administrator 2014 as industry model setup 2014

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
luc.vanlinden
1009 Views, 9 Replies

unstable infrastructure administrator 2014 as industry model setup 2014

Hi

Just installed Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 with MAP 3D 2014.

Both Infrastructure Administrator 2014 as Autodesk Industry Model setup 2014 are completly unstable.

Either they do not start up at all, giving or they crash after clicking the first button.

Microsoft popup "Autodesk infrastructure administrator has stopped working" with the option to send info to Mircosoft.

I have them installed next to all the stuff of the 2013 release, hoping it will not cause issues.

Anyone having sae experience?

I am on Win 7 sp1

tx

Luc

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I found this in the Application event log:

Application: Autodesk.InfrastructureAdministrator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 000007FEF8A5222D

Faulting application name: Autodesk.IndustryModelSetup.exe, version: 16.0.14.2, time stamp: 0x51274680
Faulting module name: mscoreei.dll, version: 4.0.30319.17929, time stamp: 0x4ffa5730
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000222d
Faulting process id: 0x23ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce507431cfc81e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator 2014\bin\Autodesk.IndustryModelSetup.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll
Report Id: 70379f15-bc67-11e2-88c9-0090f5a15b04

There seems to be an issue with the .Net framework, both the administrator as the industry model setup have the same issue it seems.

Any advice?

tx

Luc

Message 3 of 10

Hi,

>> There seems to be an issue with the .Net framework

Yes, seems so. Have you installed Framework 4.5 also? If so (and as long as you don't have any applications that need 4.5) I would recommand to uninstall Framework 4.5, then go to control panel ==> software, select the Framework 4.0 (there may be two entries for that besides of updates, if so do that for both items) and click onto "repair".

After Framework 4 is repaired an additional option (I normally do) is to start Windows-update service, let it search for updates and if there are updates for Framework 4 (not 4.5) I let them install.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 10

Hi Alfred

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately nothing seems to change the behavior. At least the Administrator seems to be stable now.

But the Model setup will not start at all and crashes immediately with the same logs over and over again in the event log/Application.

Have tested what you described:

- uninstall NEt Fr. 4.5

- update dversion 4 reinstalled the Administrator

All without success.

Finally uninstalled NET FR. 4

Installed NET fr 4.5 + updates

uninstalled the administrator

reinstalled the administrator

All with same effect, I am out of options here, so if anyone could at least confirm they can run the Industry Model setup 2014 or confirm they also have issues, that would already be welcome.

Searching the internet always give indication on a garbage collection issue.

In the BIN folder of the Administrator, even tried changing the file Autodesk.IndustryModelSetup.exe.config with <gcServer enabled="true"/> to false. Without luck. (just tried it given the comment in that file also on the GC.

Any thoughts?

tx

Luc 

Message 5 of 10

Driving me nuts....

It is again both Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator 2014 and the Industry Model Setup 2014 that are crashing immediately after they are being launched.

With the same events being logged against the Net Framework.

Bit odd that the administrator is sometimes launching and sometimes not, while the model setup never succeeds to launch

Luc

Message 6 of 10

Hi,

sorry to be no help at the moment. But at least the info about Infrastructure Admin 2014 (German) ... I played now a little bit with IM_Water, no crash yet.

What you describe like "just open to crash" can't be reproduced on my system. Are there specific steps you need to do to get AIA crashing? If so I will try to reproduce them from your description.

I'm also running Win7x64 SP1, local admin permissions, disabled UAC, all data currently local (home system)

What you can try to avoid that there are some problems with the user-settings: create a new user for your Windows, give full admin permissions, if allowed and secure enough turn off antivirus ... turn off all before your first start of Map3D or Infrastructure Administrator within that user context.

Sorry to not have more ideas (for the moment), - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 10
nkg2
in reply to: luc.vanlinden

Just as a side note, there are a few critical updates for the .net 4.5 that came up today when I checked.  It has happened over the last four days.   I did not read what they were updating but you might want to do a windows update to see if you have the latest .NET hotfixes and patches.  

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Message 8 of 10
luc.vanlinden
in reply to: nkg2

Just to close this. Although the Antivirus was shut down, turned out there was still a service running, which for some reason seemed to cause this problem.

From another 32bit machine it was possible to run the Model Setup and admin with antivirus running....

Soit, problem solved. Thanks for those who helped.

Luc

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

for future readers: what antivirus software and what service was it?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 10

Panda anti virus.

All Panda services. Names starting with Panda ....

I only had to do this on a 64bit machine. On 32bit it was working without problems.

Luc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost