AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Access Violation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rcbeemer
370 Views, 5 Replies

Unhandled Access Violation

I am crashing with an unhandled access violation reading 0x4243a000 exception at fd99113h. This seems to happen frequently when zooming in and out. What is the cause of this and how to fix it?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rcbeemer

Hi.

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

>> This seems to happen frequently when zooming in and out

Zoom is very depending on the graphics card and it's driver, so I would start first to disable hardware acceleration in AutoCAD (command _3DCONFIG ==> manual tune) and watch if the exceptions occurs again or not.

Second step would be to search for a new driver (or also for an older driver) and update your gc-driver (you might also look into the list of certified drivers from Autodesk >>>here<<<).

It might be also interesting to know:

- what Map3D-version do you have

- what servicepack for Map3D is installed (verify that you have the latest one >>>here<<<)

- what graphic card do you have

- what operating system do you have

- does that exception occure in some specific drawing types (like drawings with areal photos, FDO-objects, ...)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
rcbeemer
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred, Thank you for the reply. I'm not on that machine now, but I will try the hardware acceleration when I get a chance. AcadMap 3D 2013 with all service packs OS Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Dwg's do reference aerial photos and are accessed over a network. I'll repost with the graphics card type and driver version. Roger B
Message 4 of 6
rcbeemer

Alfred, The graphics card: ATI display adapter AMD RADEON HD 6670 driver version 8.800.0.0
Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> AMD RADEON HD 6670 driver version 8.800.0.0

Look to the site of Autodesk with certified graphiccards, I found >>>that page<<< that should be valid for your graphic card too, it's version 9.2 (instead of your 8.8). I'm using the same driver-version on my laptop and I'm running AutoCAD 2010 to 2014 quite stable (at least no problems with zoom)

>> Dwg's do reference aerial photos and are accessed over a network

If the new driver does not make anything better then I would:

a) verify if the exceptions only occur with drawings containing areal photos (other drawings do not crash Map3D?)

b) for a test period look if it's better to have the raster files local instead of the network path

c) change the type of raster images, so e.g. if you are using ECW then convert that to TIFF and

try a project with the other file format

d) if you referenced the images with _MAPIINSERT then try it with _MAPCONNECT (FDO) instead (or vice versa)

I know these are not the best tests/workarounds, but it may bring you closer to the source of the problem (I hope).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
rcbeemer
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks, Alfred. I'll give this a try and see what happens. Let you know. Roger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost