AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to plot with AutoCAD Map 3d.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
599 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to plot with AutoCAD Map 3d.

Unable to plot with AutoCAD Map 3d. Problem just began. Reinstalled program. Installed SP-1. AutoCAD will not plot to ANY device. Previews just fine. Printer icon behaves as if plotting. Stays at that point until plot is cancelled.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

try to set a PC3 active that creates a DWF file (e.g. DWF6 ePlot.pc3) and try again.

Also take a look to your taskmanager ==>

• what process needs most power
  • how much memory is used and how much is free
  • how much memory is used for ACAD.EXE

Helpful may be your systeminfo.

What OS do you have, how much memory, what graphics card.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
antoniovinci

Can't you print only from Autocad, or from other softwares as well..?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I don't think it is the plotter drivers.No plotter plots. The process starts and nothing else happens. I'm running Windows seven. Not sure of the memory. But it is more than enough.

IT guy came by yesterday, reinstalled my user profile and we made a few plots. Things went back to not working after he left.

I've attached a few screen captures for you who ask the difficult questions.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

I have no problem printing from other applications. I have to cancel the plot job to stop the AutoCAD Application from acting as if it is plotting. Everything else is functioning during this process. If it were a particular printer I would understand...

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I changed my AutoCAD profile and things seem to work!!!

Message 7 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The process starts and nothing else happens

The last of your screenshots show me that BACKGROUNDPLOT (>>>details<<<) is active. That might be the explanation why you think "nothing happens" ==> it happens, but in background!

That it now works with another profile may also depend on this variable. So verify how BACKGROUNDPLOT is set in each of these profiles.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred.

I was aware that the plotting process was taking place in the background. I was trying to capture the actual plotter icon to illustrate that. The problem was... it never completed the process. Now I have learned that changing the profile file created and fixed the problem, The profile file (arg) must have gotten corrupt somehow. Yesterday when the IT guy came by and FIXED everything, I restored an old (arg) file and that's when things went back to not plotting.

Thanks ALL!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost