AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial Troubles

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
randyspear6624
299 Views, 5 Replies

Tutorial Troubles

I'm brushing up on my GIS skills and currently working through the 2012 Map 3D tutorials. I've been struggling at times to understand some of the instructions and intent. I was hoping to use this thread to get some answers to questions still remaining. Subscription support is to slow and tedious for these issues.

To start...

1. in the parcels section when I create or edit a parcel, the area in the data table does not update (remains static). Is the intent to manually edit this property?
  2. feature label expressions... I get an error when using '\P'. I've tried several options with the same error. "The expression is missing an operator before "\P". Click here to move the cursonr to the error(18)"

from the tutorial: 

7. Place the cursor after the comma following the ADDRESS property.

8. Type '\P', to imove to a new line after the address number.

Type the entry exactly as shown, with single quotes surrounding the \P, make sure you type a capital P, and enter a comma following the closing quotation mark.

9. Click the Text Property entry and select Enter A Property.

10. Select the text property STNAME.

Thanks..

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I eventually got it to work for question 2.

Message 3 of 6
Murph_Map
in reply to: randyspear6624

For the Arae field to update you need to have it a calculated field. IOW you need to create a 'new field" and a calculation.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 6

I see... why even bother with the other area field then? I guess the initial data was translated/imported from some other non-graphical format  or manually input.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Murph_Map
in reply to: randyspear6624

The MAP3D help and tutorial team that was inplace before the big layoffs was an excellent team, I have no idea who or what they are doing now days. If peolpe want me to strart offering help and tips on my old blog I'm willing as long as they prodive some topics or let me know what they need.  

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 6

ok, I'm going through this tutorial now..

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2012/ENU/filesMTU/GUID-318C6B1C-A73D-45F9-AD27-37CBF6A40C25.htm

in the previous tutorial it said I might get an alert but that it would ok. but in the current one I can't execute the query.

After poking around, I'm assuming it is because the drawings aren't active but I'm unable to make them active.

any insight?

Thanks for all the input btw.

Nevermind, they were 2013 files so it couldn't read in 2012. (autodesk's download page is all mixed up)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost