AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to link Acad to Excel Data

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tjsuchoski
258 Views, 0 Replies

Trying to link Acad to Excel Data

I am new to MAP3d 2012 and have been tasked with setting up a new mapping program.  I have an AutoCAD drawing that has over 5000 closed polylines that I need to be able to link to an Excel file.  The closed polylines are on multiple layers, one for each type of meter or service, and have a text address enclosed within the boundary. 

The Excel file has the account number and address of the lots, plus the types of meters and services associated.  As the Excel file has the address in it, I think I can use that as my link key.  However, within the Excel file there are multiple lines for the same address.  Each line referes to a different record.  Some are for meters, some are for services. 

I need to be able to link the data file to the AutoCAD drawing entities, so that I can draw a polyline around an area and be able to generate a list with the number and type of all of the meters or services within the area.  Is that possible?

As I have looked at the problem, I think that I need to break the Excel file into two files and make one a link to the address in the closed polylines and the account number for the address.  Then the other one using the account number for the address to the rest of the data set.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated!

Civil 3d 2011 or 2012
Quad Core Intel
Windows 7 x64
8GB RAM
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost