AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent Polygons plot improperly to PDF

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ian.hourston
3896 Views, 7 Replies

Transparent Polygons plot improperly to PDF

Hi,

When I plot to PDF, polygons plot with dark lines radiating from points along it's boundary, (see attached).  If plotted correctly, the polygons should have a uniform appearance. What I have learned so far:

• It only happens with transparency turned down in the style.
  • I tried several methods including Adobe, DWG to PDF, PDF Report Writer, and Vadim PDF Writer.
  • It was plotted from a different machine, same result.
  • It was plotted by a different user, same result.
  • It happens with other drawings.
  • It also happens with solid hatches, but does not seem to be as bad.
  • It does plot to the plotter correctly, at least! 

Thanks,

Ian

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
parkr4st
in reply to: ian.hourston

this is discussed. searching the forum for   "hatch & pdf"   offer solutions.  some are depending on the version of map you have.  what plotter did you use?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2007/solid-hatch-striated-in-pdf/td-p/1937684/page/2

from that link

If you're using the plotter "PDFCreator", try changing it to "DWG To PDF.pc3". That should remove the lines.

dave

Message 3 of 8
ian.hourston
in reply to: ian.hourston

Thanks Dave,

I did a  search for the discussion you cut and pasted from, but I do not think I found the same one. In one case, there were screen shot of a PDF with the polygons with parallel streaks, In my case, the streaks radiate. There was a observation that a PDF displayed correctly on some machines but not on others. My PDF has displayed the same on  all the computers I tried, and the resulting plots to a printer are as displayed on the screen.

I am using Map 3d 2012, service pack 1.

Plotter drivers tried:

Yes I have tried DWG to PDF. I have also tried Adobe, PDF Report Writer, and Vadim PDF Writer. I also plotted to a DWF first, then to PDF.

Ian

Message 4 of 8

The issue of numerous fine lines appearing in transparent (or semi-transparent) FDO polygons when outputted to PDF is under investigation by both the Map 3D and AutoCAD development teams. Fixes have been discussed, but a conclusion has not yet been reached.

You should see better results by plotting to DWF. Anyone can download the free Design Review or Design Review Mobile (iOS, Android) application to view DWFs.

I have linked your case to the change request for this issue, which should draw further attention to it.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 8
Baz_man1
in reply to: phil_borycens

I have not seen any fixes on this topic and we are having the problem in Civil 2014 using filled shapefiles with solid transparent hatch. We have tried Adobe and the DWG to PDF drivers (while tweaking pararmeter within) but this has not solved it.

Has any progress been made by any users or the Autodesk development team? 

Message 6 of 8
phil_borycens
in reply to: Baz_man1

Hi Barry,

I just tested it in the 2015 release and see that it's still an issue.

Researching further, it looks like this may have fallen off the radar due to a switch to agile development (new tracking system and methodology).

So I just logged a new change request about it (#DE14029) and linked it to this forums thread.

Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that this will make it into a sprint but at least it is back on the radar.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Borycens
Message 7 of 8

This problem negatively affects the appearance of our drawings, both when using output from Civil 3D and when creating solid hatches. Attached is an example.

I would certainly be interested to hear news about it being resolved.

Message 8 of 8
shawnepharm
in reply to: Duncan.Crook

Hello,

I'm wondering if this issue got a solution or resolved yet? I'm having the same problem on AutoDesk Architecture 2015. Let me know please.

Thanks,

Shawn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost