AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparency in Map 3D

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SeattleCADD
1053 Views, 4 Replies

Transparency in Map 3D

Hi All,

I have some shape files that data connected to my drawings and shown as a solid color polygon. I set the foreground transparency 40% in order to see the USGS map on the background. But When I print out, it print out as a solid color, not transparency.

Could some one please show me how to work with a solid color shape files so I can see the USGS map when it prints out.

Thank you,

Dennis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I don't know what Map3D-version you have, but my frist thought is: look to the checkbox within the plot-dialog. There is one especially for transparency (starting with AutoCAD 2011 I think).

If your Map3D-version is older (when you don't have such a checkbox in the plotdialog) you have to set the sysvar MAPPLOTTRANSPARENCY.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
parkr4st
in reply to: SeattleCADD

Map 2013

Command: MAPPLOTTRANSPARENCY
The MAPPLOTTRANSPARENCY command is no longer in use. Please use PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE instead.

Message 4 of 5
cosggis
in reply to: SeattleCADD

I was having the same issue with plotting polygons with transparencies in Map 2013.  I would set up varying levels of tranparency 50-80% (land use districts map) however when I would send the job to the plotter my polygons would end up solid with no transparency or the polygons would disappear completely.  Adding to the previous post if you change your PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE setting to 2 things should plot fine.  My Plot Transparency checkbox is selected in the plot config window.  This was a real issue for me for a while and I appreciate the posts from other users that helped me get this problem fixed.

Message 5 of 5
JohnPM
in reply to: cosggis

Setting the PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE setting to 2 also worked for me. Map2015 

Thanks for posting

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost