AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer text created in Task Pane to a Layer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
archaeoman
713 Views, 5 Replies

Transfer text created in Task Pane to a Layer

Dear all,

I am using MAP3D 2012 and have the following query. Under Task Pane and Display Manager I have added drawing data to a drawing layer. Added Style>Text and selected the Object data I want to have displayed (e.g. drawing number).

Since the drawing is going to be accessed also by users with a simple AutoCAD version I want to copy paste the text from display Manager to a Layer In layer Properties  Management.

However, every time I create a new layer and copy paste the text does not appear or carry through.

What I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: archaeoman

Hello from France

I am not sure to well understand your problem !?

Why you don't let only this text layer ON, then doing a MAP FDO Export to DWG ?

The only way to see OD (Object Data) for NON MAP/CIVIL AutoCAD users is to have real text !

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: braudpat

Bonjour, monsieur.

I think the OP is talking about Map's task pane layers, not about 'normal' Autocad layers...

Message 4 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: antoniovinci

Hello Antonio

If we are speaking about FDO text layers !

My solution 1 is OK :

>>> Why you don't let only this text layer ON, then doing a MAP FDO Export to DWG ? <<<

Command (maybe): MAPTOACAD     = Save Current Map to AutoCAD

and then INSERT the DWG created in 0,0 (Exploded)

so you will get "good real" AutoCAD texts ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
hence_the_name

Hi,

you can use the command "maptoacad" (since 2012 I think). It will convert a "Map" drawing with DisplayManager elements (drawing data or fdo data) to a vanilla CAD drawing. use export option "editable", a template is not required (only works with fdo data).

good luck,

rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 6 of 6
Murph_Map

@archaeoman wrote:

Dear all,

I am using MAP3D 2012 and have the following query. Under Task Pane and Display Manager I have added drawing data to a drawing layer. Added Style>Text and selected the Object data I want to have displayed (e.g. drawing number).

Since the drawing is going to be accessed also by users with a simple AutoCAD version I want to copy paste the text from display Manager to a Layer In layer Properties  Management.

You need to do an alter property query and change the layer for the text there.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost