AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
bingeomatics
Message 1 of 25 (410 Views)

Tower and shed

410 Views, 24 Replies
08-29-2012 03:56 AM

Hi, colleagues!

I have more questions about symbology, too.....

How can I creat a polygonal spatial object (feature classes) with symbology (showns) like that (without using additional layer)? :

Shed

Tower

Binnat Khalilov
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 25 (406 Views)

Re: Tower and shed

08-29-2012 04:02 AM in reply to: bingeomatics

Hi,

>> How can I creat a polygonal spatial object with symbology like that

What should happen if your polygon has 500 vertizes?

To make it more clear can you show the same two samples for a polygon with 5 vertices, how should that be represented then?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
bingeomatics
Message 3 of 25 (402 Views)

08-29-2012 04:15 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Of couse!

Shed versions

In my situation, key principal that to get a reperesented view like "X" on the buildings (an ex. on sheds).

Binnat Khalilov
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 25 (392 Views)

08-29-2012 06:30 AM in reply to: bingeomatics

Hi,

you may fill it with an X-pattern. But as your upper-left image shows there is no rule (at least I don't recognize any), there are no connections between vertizes, there are vertices without a line startig from the point, so teh X-fillpattern would be the only chance I see.

...or you do some development, but for that you need rules how to fill polygons with n vertices.

Sorry, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
bingeomatics
Message 5 of 25 (389 Views)

08-29-2012 06:59 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I can define (principally or logycally) a rule. But I don't know how apply it in AutoCAD Map Style manager technically. In Expression,  functions not enough, I thing, or I don't know they enough...... An example, I want to use with and heigh value of the polygonal object, but I can't get it by Expression.....

Binnat Khalilov
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 25 (385 Views)

08-29-2012 07:11 AM in reply to: bingeomatics

Hi,

>> I want to use with and heigh value of the polygonal object

Are we speaking about the same thing? I don't think so.

A polygonal object is drawn by you or is displayed if you have a dataset having polygons defined. To draw such an object you can use the polyline-command to draw the outline (has to be closed to describe a polygonal object) and then you can add this polyline to a FDO-dataset ==> now you have a new polygon in your dataset.

There is then nothing editable like "width" or "height" afterwards.

May be I'm missing something, at the moment it's not clear for me. Is it how polygons should get filled or are that symbols to be shown on any points along the boundary of the polygon ...?

Sorry, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
bingeomatics
Message 7 of 25 (373 Views)

08-29-2012 11:18 AM in reply to: bingeomatics

Hi, Alfred NESWADBA.

I want to explain this situation again. May be I didn't wrote my thought normally.

The feature object must be a polygon. I can't use hatches. That is why I tried to use a block like "X" (in place of fill of the polygon)  in the middle of the polygon scaling sizes. But I can't get normal result - relation of the edges of the block "X" changed not matched to edges of the polygon, that is I can't find appropriate function in Expression. And I don't know another way to get it...

Binnat Khalilov
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 8 of 25 (358 Views)

08-29-2012 03:31 PM in reply to: bingeomatics

bingeomatics,

From reading your posts and threads I take it you work with electrical transmission lines. With over 10 years doing it myself in everything from AutoCAD R12 (DOS) to ESRI 3.x up to AutoCAD 2011 and ArcGIS10.x I would make some blocks for the towers and shed (powerhouse ?) as many as you need for each shape/configuration then use on of the attributes to desc the configuration and use POINTS objects with the blocks as the symbols. You can theme them based on the attribute.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
bingeomatics
Message 9 of 25 (344 Views)

08-29-2012 10:02 PM in reply to: Murph

Murph, thank you for your offer. I thik you said about point objects, am I right? But I need to creat they by polygonal objects (feature classes). Is there any functions in AutoCAd Map to do it?

Binnat Khalilov
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 10 of 25 (300 Views)

09-01-2012 06:18 AM in reply to: bingeomatics

bingeomatics wrote:

Murph, thank you for your offer. I thik you said about point objects, am I right? But I need to creat they by polygonal objects (feature classes). Is there any functions in AutoCAd Map to do it?

Yes point type features. Why do you need polygonal? A tower may be different shape but is still just a point (location) on the map. If you have different configurations then use different blocks for the style display.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.