AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topology-Thematic Query Question(s)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
maramures
459 Views, 2 Replies

Topology-Thematic Query Question(s)

Hello,

I have some problems with this drawing. I have some parcels and buildings, and a number for each of them. I attached data to parcel and building number, and I want to create topology and then to create thematic queries, based on any data attached to the numbers. And I don't know how to do that, and how can I use thematic query to show me the specific parcels based on the data I want if the table is attached to the parcel number and not on polylines. Same thing on buildings...

For example: I want to make some thematic maps based on tax value, street where the parcel is located, area, or on buildings: how many levels they have, and more.

I uploaded a example file to be more specific, with data attached to numbers, without topology created (drawing cleanup is done).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: maramures

Hi,

if your problem starts at "how do I create a topology" imho there is no option to handle it here in the forum.

To come from the above question to the points "attaching external databases to internal topology" + "create thematic maps" needs some days training. That could not be described in 5 sentences here (plus the options to turn to FDO after creating the topology) ....

Sorry for that. If you want to read through it .... >>>here<<< is the start of a big journey 😉

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
dhoskings
in reply to: maramures

When I have data attached to CAD objects I simply mapexport to an sdf format file

(make sure you select the properties in the export options) then connect back to that sdf file and start stylizing based on the data.   I am not at my computer to test your file but will take a look tomorrow to see if it is what I am thinking it is.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost