AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded rotated labels DWF bug, workaround found now need addt'l help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmblackflag
330 Views, 2 Replies

The dreaded rotated labels DWF bug, workaround found now need addt'l help

I've googled "rotated text DWF" and read threads as far back as 2009 and I'm disappointed Autodesk has still not fixed this.

We use arial true type fonts throughout our drawings and I'm randomly getting rotated labels where the rotation > 0 and a true type font is used.

To combat this I found an Arial.shx file and while the font isn't exactly the same it has resolved my issue. unfortunately, this has tripled the size of my DWF's. I need these to be as small as possible because they're used in my Mapguide application and large DWF's = slow performance.

Any idea why a drawing would go from 170kb to 450kb by merely switching out arial font for arial.shx font? The arial.shx file is only 36kb in size itself.

I've tried tinkering with the DW6 eplot.pc3 file and have been unable to decrease the file size.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

because the SHX has only one center-line of the character while the TTF has inner and outer outlines (also more segemented to get finer arcs).

Could it be that you used the TTF "@Arial" instead of "Arial" in your textstyles? Does this rotation also appear when you use another TTF font and no Arial-one?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

I am definitely using Arial and not @Arial. The behavior is inconsistent from one drawing to the next. Typically it works but when itdoesn't the only solution is to switch to an SHX font. That guarantees 100% success.

Switching to a different true type font does not resolve the issue. Judging by the randomness and inconsistency of this behavior it seems I'm out of luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost