AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and layers graying out while printing?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
396 Views, 1 Reply

Text and layers graying out while printing?

This is a bit of a shot in the dark. I didn't create the drawing and I'm trying to troubleshoot for a co-worker, so I'm not sure of the specifics of the system that did, but here's what's going on:

The drawing appears to be fine, with the lines, hatching and text appearing in the designated colors. When I hit print, the drawing seems okay, but when rendering to print, the text, some hatching, and any text boxes become gray and print out that way. Once printed, the layers do not revert back to the color they were, even though the layer has retained the color. If you open up the text editor, the text selected will return to the color (magenta, in this case), but once you finish editing the text, it turns back to gray.

It's creating problems for printing out, and sadly too much work has been done at this point to start over. Every person who opens this drawing experiences the same thing, so it must be an issue with the particular file. This issue happens when using AutoCAD Map 3D 2008, 2010, and 2012. I thought it might be because it was used by different releases, but they're all saving back to 2004. I thought it might be that the text was created in a higher version and then edited in a lower version, but it's been worked on exclusively by the same person for two months and every time she has this issue.

Any suggestions on a shortcut fix?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

I'm having the same problem.

Lines and text are gray and plot gray in paperspace.

That changed that way when I created new line type with shape in it.

If you found out solution to your problem please post it.

Thanks,

Ania

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report