AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table does not display in define query

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
davidm889
779 Views, 10 Replies

table does not display in define query

I have two object data tables in my drawing Roads and assets. When I defire an object query, only roads shows up under the tables dropdown. Anyone know why????

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: davidm889

Hi,

is it possible to get the drawing to see it's internal objectdata-table structure?

You might erase most of the objects within a copy of the drawing to upload it here, but please let some objects available in modelspace (so both od-tables are used).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11
davidm889
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Here is the file with some of the info for each of the two tabels. Is there a way to view the tables in DB form? I.e. like a spread sheet?

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

besides of starting error messages (missing access to "Parcel Base source.dwg" I can see both od-tables for querying ... am I doing anything different than you?

I did this with Map 3D 2015 SP 2, if that is important.

ObjectDataMissing_2015_AN01.gif

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 11
davidm889

Thats not how I did it. I was using define query under the map explorer>query library. I tried it the way you did it and got the other table but still only one. When I use my way I get the roads table only, when I use your way I get the assets table only. I also get this error code. I'm not certain what this means.  I am using Map3D 2015 SP1. Also, this is happening in my main drawing. The test drawing I sent you does exactly how your video shows.

map-err-8-4-14.jpg

Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The test drawing I sent you does exactly how your video shows.

Then it's drawing specific and you removed something (or added something) that now makes the difference.

>> I was using define query under the map explorer>query library

Then you don't query your current drawing, you are quering an external drawing that is previously attached using command ADEDRAWINGS. As I don't have access to this other drawing I don't know what od-tables are included there.

The conflict messages might appear because the od-table in your local drawing might differ in structure from the drawing you have assigned through ADEDRAWINGS.

Hard to say why you don't get what I get when we are working on different datasets, at least I'm using Map 3D 2015 SP2, but I guess SP1 and SP2 does not make any difference for accessing the od-tables.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 11
parkr4st

I got the same results as Alfred.

So I understand some of the objects better:

I looked over the objects with properties.  Only layer 0-Road CL-2 has OD?  0-Road_CL has no OD? and the layer 00-LOT has open and closed polylines and lines and overlapping parcels wothout OD? Layer interest points has OD in Assets table?

dave

Message 8 of 11
diane.cloutier

Hi,

Is it possible that you have OD tables with the same table name or field name in more than one drawing?  That can cause errors.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 9 of 11
davidm889
in reply to: parkr4st

Yes, that is correct. The lot lines are not relevant to the problem. Assets are point objects that have OD. and the road cener lines (not all) have OD.

Message 10 of 11
davidm889
in reply to: diane.cloutier

That is possible. I'll check to see. The assets may have been created in a different drawing.

Message 11 of 11
tfel63

Thank you! As a newbie to Map (other than importing shapefiles), this was very useful for me after spending an hour trying to find my tables!

Muchas gracias!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost