AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab containing GIS and Shape file info

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ayp0918
499 Views, 3 Replies

Tab containing GIS and Shape file info

Hello,

I have a customer that uses Map 3D 2011.  He said that when he first installed the application that this particular tab containing GIS and Shape file info was showing up in Map 3D.  He says that it has now disappeared.  He is wondering what he might need to do in order to get this tab back.  Our trainer is out for the time being so I thought I'd try the discussion board for my customer.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Can you get more information from the customer as to where the tab was located - i.e. a ribbon tab and was it "contextual" - does s/he recall having a green tint to the ribbon, or was it from the properties palette?

When I connect to a .SHP file, if I select it in the Display Manager, I get a contextual tab on the ribbon for "vector layer" 

Is this what they are expecting?

Have them log into the machine with another user account and it will set up a new Map3D profile from the program defaults.  Then you have a little more to work with.

TdH

Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your fast response!! 🙂  I will ask him right away and post what he tells me.  Thank you again!

Message 4 of 4

Hi again!

He just e-mailed and said that it is on the task plane and he will e-mail me a picture of it tomorrow.  Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost