AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronize Oracle Spatial and Autocad Map 3D?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Radnus_87
873 Views, 15 Replies

synchronize Oracle Spatial and Autocad Map 3D?

Hi,

I have established connection to my Oracle Spatial data and imported the data. now i just would like to know if there is possibility that if I modify the geometry of any of the features in CAD will it be reflected into my Oracle table? 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
hence_the_name
in reply to: Radnus_87

Hi,

that pretty much depends on how you "imported" the data.

There are different ways for "import" - how did you do it?

In general - if you connect to Oracle Spatial via FDO Oracle Spatial Provider you usually can edit the data in Map and save it back to Oracle. Map help has further details on that.

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 16
Radnus_87
in reply to: hence_the_name

Following are the steps I followed for importing data from Oracle Spatial.

1. Used "MAPCONNECT" command to connect to my Oracle Server.Succeeded in Connection and was able to see all Spatial tables.

2.Used "MAPIMORTFDO" to retreive objects with Attributes as "Object Data" ( where I was not able to retreive Linear objects. Only Point objects i could retrieve....I still couldn't get Linear objects. Would greatly appreciate for any ideas regarding this  🙂 )

4. I can retrieve Linear objects if i use "Add to Map" in "MAPCONNECT" window but there are no attributes associated with it.

3.Now i need to change the Geometry of any objects within the drawing and the changes should be reflected back in Oracle tables

Message 4 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I can retrieve Linear objects if i use "Add to Map" in "MAPCONNECT" window but there are no attributes associated with it.

You don't have ObjectData on such geometry, but you have the possibility to show the datatable for the connected geometry and so you have access to the attributive data. Just select the GIS-layer in the MAPWSPACE dialog and "show datatable".

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 16
Radnus_87
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Ok.I got the data table for this. But now the issue is that I am not able to edit any of the objects within the drawing..I need to edit the geomtery of the obejcts and it should be reflected back into the Oracle tables. Please guide me with steps to accomplish this.. Thanks in Advance 🙂 

Message 6 of 16
hence_the_name

Hi,

another time you didn't provide any details - why shall we bother to reply?

" I am not able to edit " - why not? Shall I look into my crystal bowl for that?

Rob

Message 7 of 16
Radnus_87

ohhh my god!! Relax!!!! what details i am supposed to give?? I didn't see any question for this post to provide details..I use Autocad Map 3D 2011 and Oracle 11g.

Message 8 of 16
hence_the_name

just give the details and explain why you cannot edit features.

simple as that.

Message 9 of 16
Radnus_87

Hope you can read my previous reply for the same post where i have posted the steps i followed.I am sorry that I dont understand what details i should provide. ..

anyway I again post the same.I use AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 , Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0.

For example if i am deleteing one line object, I select the object and it is not getting highlighted and i see this "1 Object was filtered out" in command prompt..I am able to select any object but not able to modify the same.

Message 10 of 16
hence_the_name

do you just use the normal autocad functionality for selecting a feature?
or are you running a command which asks you to select features?

It looks to me you run a command - a command which cannot be used with FDO data and therefore the object is  filtered out. Just guessing.

You can open the data table and select a row (click in left column of data table view) - then the feature gets highlighted in the drawing. If you do that - what happens?

Another check : in DisplayManager choose the layer, open context menu and see if there is functionality available for adding new featues.

Message 11 of 16
Radnus_87

Ya i used normal autocad command for editing the data.

I opened the datatable selected and particilar objects and its just gets zoomed-in to that location.

I chose the layer and I could see "New Feature" option in tool bar which if i click I get this message "Feature source can't be updated".

Message 12 of 16
hence_the_name

i cannot explain why the object is filtered out - that seems bit odd to me. You should be able to select a feature - even if it is not editable.

"feature source cannot be updated" - different causes are possible:
- is it a view which is not updatable (probably not - but needs to be checked).
- missing permissions to edit feature source (Oracle user not allowed to modify data?)

I don't work much with FDO Oracle Provider - so can't say much  more about this error message.

For testing purpose: You can try to connect to different Oracle user - if there is one.

For testing purpose: Have you got any other application which allows editing this particular layer (table/view)?

Message 13 of 16

If I remember correctly Map does not check if the table/view is editable when you connect and load the tabe/view into Map.

Only when you edit / delete / create a new feature and Map tries to execute SQL one will receive an Oracle error message.

So the hint "feature source cannot be updated" propably has another - more Map specific - reason.

Found an older posting:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-developer/feature-source-cannot-be-updated/td-p/2009523

unfortunately without solution. But it seems back then 3d objects were used. What kind of data do you use? is 3d involved as well?

Message 14 of 16
Radnus_87

It is not view .it is a table only and the User through which i have logged in is having DBA privileges and the tables are not locked for editing and all.

I dont have any other application which use this data and for editing.

Message 15 of 16
Radnus_87

Yes "SDO_GTYPE" in all my spatial table is of 3D only.Let me check that link you provided for any information.

Message 16 of 16
Murph_Map

Along with what Robert stated, do you have full rights in Orcale to edit the data/geomerty? Have you checked the featurers out to edit? 

Select a feature and right click then check the feature edit options for that/those features. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost