AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style Editor changes not saving

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
amm30165
612 Views, 3 Replies

Style Editor changes not saving

I created a map by using mapwspace and the FDO connections to shp files. Lately, when I have made changes in the style editor such as adding a thematic rule with a feature label, these changes are not "sticking" after the drawing has been saved.

I have deleted the associated idx files but it has not helped.

The drawing is saved at the end of the day but when I open it up the next day, the Style Editor changes are not there; any suggestions?

I have been using MAP3D 2013 for over a year but this specific issue has occured only in the past couple of weeks.

Alicia
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: amm30165

You should be able to save the shp connection/layer to a .layer file then load that into your dwg.

savelayer.png

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hello

Have you a MAP (or CIVIL) 2012 ,

Just to test the same DWG and its FDO Layers ...

Because my experience says me that sometimes strange things appears with MAP 2013 and FDO !

MAP 2012 is sometimes "more stable" than MAP 2013 with FDO ...

Of course, I imagine that you have installed the SP 1.1 on your MAP 2013 :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20567715&linkID=9240858

With MAP 2012, you need the SP 2 :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19820805&linkID=9240858

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
amm30165
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks!

Sorry it took so long to respond but I had to get some other project done and came back to this issue yesterday afternoon.

I watched 2 videos about how to save and reapply the layers. I made the necessary style changes, saved them (.layer) then had to bring them in. Luckily the layer styles saved with the drawing this time.

This was definitely the "fix"!

The latest service packs and hotfixes had already been applied.

Alicia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost