AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

COA_ESD
Message 1 of 3 (156 Views)

Style button cancels on AutoCAD Map 3D Display Manager?

156 Views, 2 Replies
07-24-2013 10:22 AM

Greetings!

I am at my wits end with an issue. I imported data from a SHP file to a base drawing I plan to use to attach, and I wanted to replace data points with data symbol definition blocks. However, when I create a symbol style and try to edit it by double-clicking, I get a *Cancel* on the command line and nothing happends. When I pressing the "Style" button on the Display Manager tab in the Task Pane, same thing.

I suspect that I missed a step - or several - along the way of importing the SHP file. I would appreciate any help...and please, be gentle - I am starting just learn GIS.

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: Style button cancels on AutoCAD Map 3D Display Manager?

07-24-2013 10:42 AM in reply to: COA_ESD

Hi,

if you get unknown command (or something similar) I would say you are missing some paths pointing to the Map3D-functionality/-libs, but getting "CANCEL" is new to me, so to make sure where you press buttons upload a screenshot where you are clicking and what is "Display Manager" for you (at least I don't know that as I'm using a german version of Map3D).

Please find also attached a screenshot from my Map3D 2014 showing the paths that are needed for Map3D:

2013-07-24 19-41-59.png

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 3 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: Style button cancels on AutoCAD Map 3D Display Manager?

07-27-2013 12:26 PM in reply to: COA_ESD

Are you importing the shp file or data connecting to it?

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.