AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Contributor
andreijj
Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)

Store the style of the GIS data

184 Views, 2 Replies
07-04-2013 07:32 AM

Hi All!

We have some data in SQLite, and i want to know, what is the best practice to store the style. Now my practice is: i finished the stilization, and save them into *.layer files, then load them with workflow into a new drawing. It works fine, but i have some problems and questions:

- The Map layers order is not working well. If i have only one Map layer, with polygon features (they have label), the label is disappear in most cases (its loaded, but the polygons uncover the labels). I have to click the polygon feature, then i need set Draw Order -> Send to Back command (and this is not working well all of the time). In the drawing data is a very helpful command to send all hatch to back (hatchtoback). I want to do this, but with feature data.

- I want export the Map layers (with these styles) to drawing layers, so the drawing object get the feature data as object data. I know the mapimport command, this doint as well, but i can't load the style. I need to create drawing layers, wich contains the feature data, and have a nice style (set from *.layer files). Any Idea?

- How many layer can i load with workflow? Is it stable with hundred of layers? Is parallel the fastest method?

In my opinion: Map layer = contains feature data

Drawing layer = contains drawing data

Thanks in advance!

Contributor
andreijj
Message 2 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: Store the style of the GIS data

07-15-2013 02:48 AM in reply to: andreijj

Anybody?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 3 of 3 (91 Views)

Re: Store the style of the GIS data

07-20-2013 05:35 AM in reply to: andreijj

Hi,

with layer-files you can save the stylization and the data-source.

If you really need to save the display order the onliest way to save it is the DWG-file that holds the data connections.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.