AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spatial join between point and polygon

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
pg002a
1676 Views, 8 Replies

Spatial join between point and polygon

Is it possible to create jon between point feature and polygon feature which is not attribute based, but only geometry based.

When point is inside polygon can I create automatic  join between point and polygon so I can use joined attribute data table.

I know i can create "object data records" links between enclosed text and polyline but i want to do same thing using SDF format points and polygons. Can it be done without converting point feature label  to text and polygon to polyline and then creating automatic links and then again converting polylines  with object data to SDF format.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
antoniovinci
in reply to: pg002a

I fear you cannot in Autocad environment, while it's easily doable in Qgis opensource one, after exporting all to shapefiles.

Message 3 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: pg002a

Not a join but a feature overlay, look at the _MapGisOverLay command. It's crate a new SDF file.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 9
pg002a
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks, I'll find out what Qgis will offer.

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

I have the same doubt and a additional question: ¿What happend with the atribbutes?  when I do the overlay between points and polygons, the geometry is ok, but I can´t see the point attributes, only the polygon information is displayed. The columns for the point attributes appears but not the content.

Please see the attached image.

Message 6 of 9

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have the same doubt and a additional question: ¿What happend with the atribbutes?  when I do the overlay between points and polygons, the geometry is ok, but I can´t see the point attributes, only the polygon information is displayed. The columns for the point attributes appears but not the content.

Please see the attached image.

What was the source and what type did you select? You may want to use the "Paste" type of Overlay.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

>> ¿What happend with the atribbutes?  when I do the overlay between points and polygons

May be I'm fully wrong, but what result should a JOIN of a point-theme with a polygonal theme give? You used JOIN in the thread title and my opinion to that is, you can join polygon and polygon, but not polygon and point.

If you used the overlaytype "IDENTITY", then you can only transfer the id from the polygon to the point. Otherwise you would have the problem when you have more than one point within a polygon ==> what point should than transfer it's data to the polygon? You can transfer 1:n but not n:1

There is something I'm not understanding.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 9

Alfred, that's a typical Gis request: the OP wants only to transmit Object Data from a given point to the polygon including it.

Message 9 of 9

Hi,

>> transmit Object Data from a given point to the polygon including it

Speaking about AutoCAD Map3D internal topology ... and one centroid for one polygon (as one topology)? Then yes.

But speaking about "Overlaying" of SDF themes, one of type point and the other one as polygonal theme can only result in a point theme with the attributes of both source themes in the resulting.

The option I see is the following workflow:

• (starting with a polygonal theme O_POLY and a point theme O_PNT)
  • start an overlay-analyses of type "Identity"
  • the resulting theme O_PNT_IDENTITY is of type point and has attached the attributes of both source themes
  • then do a relation/join: source-polygonal O_POLY:FeatID ==> O_PNT_IDENTITY:FeatID_2
  • ==> now you have the source polygonal theme with the attributes of the first point in relation (but be careful really having just one point in one polygon, otherwise you get one polygon listed multiple times in the datagrid, see screenshot (used different names, sorry).

2013-02-16 21-06-55.png

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost