AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple question

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Cas_GIS
663 Views, 9 Replies

simple question

when i first started up autoCAD, there was a presentation of the main features... how do i get it back again? I just need a quick reminder on how to send a drawing to plot. i wrote it down, but now can't follow my notes.

please help!

also, my browser is warning me that cadtutor.net has been hacked... it's here that i would normally look things up.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Murph_Map
in reply to: Cas_GIS

From the help (question mark top right) select  the New Feature Workshop.

As for Cadtutor.net you get what you pay for there. Might want to join AUGI and try them www.augi.com. The forums will give you more info and as log as you don't abuse the users quicker help.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 10
Cas_GIS
in reply to: Murph_Map

kinda found it...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=13818467#channels_What%E2%80%99s%20Ne...

It is called the 'Welcome Screen' - how do I get back to that as the above link is only an image?

cheers

Cas

Message 4 of 10
Sinc

@Anonymous wrote:

As for Cadtutor.net you get what you pay for there. Might want to join AUGI and try them www.augi.com. The forums will give you more info and as log as you don't abuse the users quicker help.

The big problem with AUGI right now is the forums are a mess.  I got tired of needing to purge my cookies every time I want to login there, and I no longer visit that site very often.

Sinc
Message 5 of 10
Sinc

@Cas_GIS wrote:

It is called the 'Welcome Screen' - how do I get back to that as the above link is only an image?

You should be able to get to the Welcome Screen by clicking on the little black arrow next to the Help icon (see image).

little_black_arrow.png

Sinc
Message 6 of 10
Murph_Map
in reply to: Sinc

Not with Map3D, some how that got left off the menu.

We need to use the command line version  _WelcomeScreen (with the underscore prefix)

Murph
Message 7 of 10
Murph_Map
in reply to: Sinc

We hear ya, alone with a dozen others everyday. I can only suggect to uncheck the box to keep you logged in then log in each time you visit there. 😞 or keep pulling the forums up every hour, the cookies somehow expire with in the limit it's set at now.

Murph
Message 8 of 10
Cas_GIS

sinc and murph,

both of these options don't take me back to my 'welcome screen'....

back to trial and error, trying to disentangle my notes,

: (

Cas

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I get the same issue - an error message that I need to have the welcome screen installed for the _welcomescreen command to work.  From your posting of the website, that is a "live" document that you can click on the icons there and it will respond to your selection.  If you can get it from the web, do you need a local copy?

Message 10 of 10
Cas_GIS
in reply to: Anonymous

sorry, can't find 'live' version only a screen-shot...

: (

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost