AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shapefile - Merging areas

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
roberts.dominic
452 Views, 7 Replies

Shapefile - Merging areas

Hello Community!

I'm working on a water draw projekt, so i'm tying to find out how much water will end up in the small river Zederhausbach. 
After importing 2 Shp files from the Austrian Lebensmittelministerium, wich shows all relevant areas i am trying to merge them to areas bigger than 5km².
I tried to merge the Objekts with MAPFEATUREMERGE but nothing happens. 

Does anybody know what to do?

Kind regards 

Roberts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

>> i am trying to merge them to areas bigger than 5km².

Nach welchen Regeln sollen die Flächen verreinigt werden? Ich hab's nicht ganz verstanden.

Wenn das Ziel ist, im gleichen SHP kleine Flächen so lange zusammenzulegen, bis die resultierende 5km² hat, dann gibt es dafür nichts fertiges. Mir wäre auch nicht klar, wenn 3 Flächen zu je 3km² nebeneinanderliegen, welche 2 dann zusammenzuführen wären.

Um 2 SHP's zu verschneiden, gibt es den Befehl _MAPGISOVERLAY.

Der Befehl _MAPFEATUREMERGE erlaubt nur das Zusammenlegen 2'er (oder merherer) Flächen aus dem gleichen SHP, nicht aus unterschiedlichen Datenquellen.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
braudpat
in reply to: roberts.dominic

Hello Alfred

<Humour ON>

Ich spreche nicht Deutsch !

<Humour OFF>

Bye, Pat

For Roberts: Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

>> Ich spreche nicht Deutsch !

I do, and I guess OP/Roberts does it too. But well, my answer was:

Wich are the rules to merge polygons? I frear not to understand the question/the goal.

If the job is to merge polygons (in the same SHP) up to get 5km² area then I don't know any ready to use command for that. I would also have the problem with that for the following sample: what should be done, if there are 3 polygons, each with 3km², are the middle and the left to be merged, or the middle and the right one?

To overlay 2 different SHP's use command _MAPGISOVERLAY.

The command you mentioned (_MATFEATUREMERGE) does only allow to merge polygons stored in the same SHP, no way to merge polygons from different datasources.

- alfred -

😉

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 8
braudpat
in reply to: roberts.dominic

Hello Alfred

No problemo !

I believe that Roberts wants to merge 2/3/4/N Areas only if the Total Area is more than 5 km2 !

For me , it's a kind of conditionnal Merge, so I can't do (I don't know how in fact) that with AutoCAD MAP ?

But Alfred with its magic wand !!!

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

Ah, schön auf Deutsch tu ich mir etwas leichter 🙂

Also in der Shapefile habe ich alle Einzugsgebiete einzeln. Mich würden aber nur die Einzugsgebiete einzelner Flussarme interessiern.
Ich würde gerne alle Objekte eines Flussarmes zusammenlegen um eine größere Fläche zu bilden.

Das mit den >5km² ist nur eine Vorgabe, ab wann ein Bach für unsere Planung einen Sinn hat.

Im Prinzip habe ich zwei SHP-files, eine mit allen kleinen Teilgebieten und eine mit allen Flüssen, die können auch so wie sie sind getrennt bleiben.

Interessant wäre auch wenn ich eben zwei Gebiete zusammenlege, ob trotzdem die Eigenschaft der Fläche vorhanden bleibt. 

Im Großen und ganzen, würde das mir dann, mit Einberechnung des Niederschlags, die Sprünge im Durchfluss des Hauptbaches ergeben.

Als Grafische Lösung habe ich die Farbe des Layers auf kein gesetzt und jedes Gebiet nachschaffiert, was dazu fürt das es mir hinundwieder den Fehler ausspuckt, das es keine geschlossenen Polygone sind, was wiederum eigentlich nicht stimmt. 

Ich hoffe es ist etwas verständlicher^^

mit freundlichen Grüßen Dominic

Message 7 of 8

War etwas zu übereifrig mit dem Antworten!

Durch das zusammenlegen der Shapefiles get das merging

Danke für die schnelle und hilfreiche Antwort

Message 8 of 8

Hi,

danke für die Rückmeldung, great you got it done!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost